2.0.0 Alpha 1 BB Firmware (outdated, 2/18/23)

1 Like

1.2.1 is NOT beta, itā€™s final.

1 Like

OK, Iā€™m having serious problems since I updated it last week. When transferring a file to the machine via Wi-Fi it sometimes says it is not in gcode which it is, or it simply doesnā€™t read it at allā€¦ After trying the upload several several several times, it may read it. Iā€™m a little frustrated, can you help?

So, after hours (not sure how many) the page updated and showed the following:

Hopeful that this will provide a bit more insight.

1 Like

It means your Wi-Fi signal is weak and all the ā€œbitsā€ arenā€™t fully going through. This isnt a 1.2.1 problem, itā€™s a week signal problem. Move your router/extender closer.

1 Like

Flashed 2.0a1 using Pi Imager, went through the new config wizard selecting X50 Journeyman, original slider, pushbutton power switch and no WiFi as Iā€™m hardwired. System rebooted after finishing the config settings. Once booted back up, upon inspection of the motor settings I noticed the settings for X and Y were at 10MM for travel per rev as opposed to 16 and no max-soft-limit information was present. Tried to enter the values (1220 and 816 respectively) and save but received the attached error message. Re-flashed the image again and had the same experience.

Probably just me not doing something correctly, but thought I would post my experience.

Hi @iawoodwork : we are looking into this issue. Kindly allow us some time to fix and release the version 2. Shortly. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Iā€™ve experienced a very similar error screen but when attempting to edit the ā€œToolā€ screen to set the ā€œMakita Routerā€ as active. It showed the 1st image then after clicking OK the 2nd image. A side note I noticed the error occurs any time I click the ā€œSaveā€ button, as I was trying to change from metric to imperial measurements alsoā€¦

This is on a Pi4

I would disagree. Iā€™ve also had the same issue. 1.0.9 loaded code just fine. Large files now say itā€™s. It valid g-code. I have made no network changes since I upgraded to 1.2.1.

I also noticed that files take 2-3x longer to download and simulate than they used to.

Pinging the controller I get a 2-3ms response and speed test on my laptop sitting next to my 1F shows 680ish mb/sec.

I just installed 2.0.0 Alpha 1 BB 2/18/23 and immediately see several problems. It would seem to me you should have the issues being reported on the GitHub site so that we can see if an issue has already been reported. Anyway so here is what I see on first contact via wired connection to machine.

1. The radio buttons are too tiny and hard to see to select.

2. Pop up appear when not needed when all you need is to go the the Next

3. After changing the host name to onefinity the dialog appears to reboot and then next page does the reboot.

4. After config is finished I got this error followed by a alert ā€˜Config Successfulā€™

5. On reboot after config was set got this when clicking the ā€˜Homeā€™ got this error. Note that X & Y are not homed

6. After clicking the home icon got this error

7. Selecting the Huanyang VFD and clicking ā€˜Saveā€™ got this:
    first error followed by this second error

8. Uploading a 28MB gcode took over 6 minutes for simulator to check. A simple 3MB file took over 2 minutes. Please please add a disable check button, I check all my gcode files before uploading, no need to do it again or to see a simulation.

Log files
onefinity-20230309-231843.tar.bz2 (38.2 KB)

Tried resetting hostname again, this time it worked as expected. Will check again after next flash.

Tried to ssh into machine using bbmc user and passwords onefinity and buildbotics. Neither worked, what is the user and password? Have they changed?

Hi @tgunr ,

Thanks for your feedback. We are in the process of releasing the update for 2.0.0 alpha2 shortly. Stay tuned. Speaking on UI changes. Kindly send your recommendation to developer@onefinitycnc.com, so that we will look into it by considering other reviews too. Thanks your support here. Much appreciated.

Could you update the instructions on how to build the flash image? As a former manager of firmware at Apple, I would be glad to help out and submit PR on Github.

Hi @tgunr ,

For sure.

@OnefinityCNC : please do needful here.

Now outdated.

See: 2.0.0 Alpha 2 BB Firmware (latest beta, 3/27/23)