2.4 GHz to 5 GHz now my wirelss won't work

I recently upgraded to fiber internet and now my Raspberry Pi won’t connect. I have tried legacy mode temporarily allowing 2.4 GHz and connecting my machine directly to the router which has not helped either. Any suggestions. I really dislike the USB shuffle to work with.

The ssid is case sensitive if I recall… Double check that it is exactly the same. Also if they replaced the router it may require deleting and re setting up the wifi connection in the controller.

We use a range extender that requires 2.4 and our network provider set up the modem so that it has both a 2.4 channel and a 5 gig channel.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. The issue is that Raspberry Pi only runs on 2.4GHZ and my new internet is 5GHz. It is not the SSID or gig issue.

Hey Travis,

I don’t know if this helps you but the Raspberry Pi 3B (not plus) inside the Onefinity Controller does not support 5 GHz.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. That is the problem I am trying to solve.

Why not try a 2.4ghz adapter. This one supports a variety of Linux derivatives.

BrosTrend AX300 WiFi 6 Linux Compatible WiFi Adapter, 2.4GHz Only, Nano Linux WiFi Adapter for PC, Raspberry Pi 2+, for Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Kubuntu, Mate, Zorin, PureOS etc, USB WiFi Dongle 286Mbps

https://a.co/d/60W9FWV

Amazon has a bunch of variations that have some serious external antennas in case you want to make sure you can hit it with your network wifi.

Thank you!! Ordered. I will update with results. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Provide a make/model on the fiber modem? if it doesn’t support 2.4G ??? I would be highly surprised if your I-net provider doesn’t have a model with both 2.4G and 5

Do you know what Raspberry Pi verson is in the original Onefinity?

3b It is the only one supported.

1 Like

Took our modem into our local providers office and the nice man programmed the modem to have two channels the
2.4 one called (name) CNC
and one called (name)5G

2 Likes

i ended up pulling a wired ethernet port to mine, the wifi is too crowded.

1 Like