80mm spindle mount

The 3D printed model, I set to 28mm and then used an adjustable Morse spiral flute ream to open up to a light press fit…not sure on what I am going to do on the alum version yet. The ball screw is 24.5mm. Who knows might just run the 3D printed version if it works well. I still need to find an aluminum block at work big enough to cut the part. Hopefully next week I can… if I decide to.

Thank you - following your work with interest. I too was thinking about the block size of aluminum needed.

here are a couple photos on version 2 running on the onefinity with the 80mm spindle. I did two surfacing tests before cutting the new washboard. so far everything looks great. another mishap with the 3d printer…on the newest version…hard to watch it when it takes 21 hours to print :(…but hopefully Monday I will have the final version, test Monday evening and bring to work to machine alum one on Tuesday,

7 Likes

Wonderful progress! It is amazing how strong these 3D prints can be. I made my own rack ears for some network equipment, among other things, and they are performing extremely well. I also understand the frustration of having unexpected issues at the end of very long prints. Looking forward to Tuesday’s update - thank you again for providing the photos and updates, they are appreciated.

That looks great, I don’t have my 1F yet so I can only look at pictures or video. This is the closest I’ve been able to see the spindle mount. You did a great job on yours. Will you make one out of allum? I came really close to pulling the trigger and getting a spindle this weekend. I’m curious how does the nc know it can start to feed into a part? Does the vfd send an up to speed signal to the nc? It doesn’t get one from a router so why would it be looking for one from a spindle. Yours looks and runs great. Hopefully I will be able to do close to what you have.

The breakout board you have to purchase separately lets it communicate with the 1f

Looks great! I’m looking to do this exact same thing. I’m acquiring a 3D printer this week, would you be willing to share the overall blank size of your 80mm spindle mount so I can confirm and order the proper 3D printer? thanks

I created on an ended 3 pro…

I ordered the breakout board, the touch probe and the dust boot with the machine. Did you order the joy stick from 1F? I didn’t & probably should have I think I’m going to order one before the machine ships. The spindle can be here in 2 days, will probably order it the end of this week. My 1F is due to ship the week of Feb 22. Do they send you tracking information or an eta or anything? Thanks for any info you can give me.

I didn’t get tracking information. But my parents were the one who ordered it. I wasn’t involved in process. I bought the controller after the fact. The suckit arms are not long enough to use with the spindle. I had to modify mine.

What modification did you have to make to the suckit arms? Did you install drag chains? Thats cool your parents ordered that for you, your lucky.

I had to make new mounts for the clear suckit part with the magnetic mounts as the spindle is 27mm out further than the makita trim router to clear the stepper motor

My apologies for asking so soon, but were you able to find an aluminum blank the correct size in order to have the 80mm mount milled at your work?

Any update on this mount, availability, price?

ONEfinity Team

Just was playing with it. Everything seems good. Going to run for a week or two then will probably post plans on Etsy. Although I just lost video on my 1f sent email to support. Machine still works with controller just no signal on touch screen. Not happy

Excited to hear you have the mount - hope it meets your expectations after you put it through its paces over the next few weeks. Sorry to hear about the touch screen. Frustrating, but at least it seems 1F is responsive when these issues arise - hopefully it will be corrected quickly.

i dont think its the touch screen…i think i lost all video out on the 1f box…we’ll see what they say tomorrow. but so far the mount has worked flawlessly over the last few days

No pressure to respond, but if time and technology permit, I would love to see a picture of it!

Hrubeskyr thank you for this thread and for you awesome work on the 80mm spindle mount, it’s what got me over the line to purchase the 1F.

Please excuse this post as I’m really new to working with CNC’s. I have recently ordered a 1F Woodworker due in May (my first CNC ever!). I’ve been looking to purchase a 2.2kw spindle + VFD and I’ve narrowed it down to these two options, one modestly priced, and the premium choice. I’d be interested in the forums thoughts as I’d prefer to go with the German built option if there is a tangible difference in quality, longevity and significantly less noisy than the Makita.

Modest option - HY HUANYANG - VFD CNC Spindle Motor Kit (220v 2.2kw CNC VFD+220v)

Premium German option - Mechatron HF-Motorspindle Set Kit 8022 water cooled 2.2 kW

Thank you so much for the links. It was very interesting to see the German spindle. When I saw the cost it set me back a little. I am not at the level that I will be able to reap the benefits of such a premium product. I am so impressed at all of the upgrades we can add to this CNC router. That is one of the main reasons for my purchase. The noise of another trim router running for hours is pushing me to a spindle.