80mm spindle mount

I am in process of doing that…work got a little busy and my machine was down for a bit with black box…so I decided to redo the shop a bit while having the down time. I will have more updates by the weekend.

2 Likes

Any updates? It has been awhile since you your last mention on this topic…

i just got my alum version from machine shop…haven’t installed yet. the 3d printed one has been holding up fine…and tram has been good up 1.5" surfacing cutter. been slowly building a control box and learning more about the vfd…having some problems with vfd starting back up and getting to speed before it plunges… so have broken a few 1/8" end mills.

1 Like

If you have HY Huanyang brand, try ajusting PD014 to a lower value.

Here is my setting.

PD014 SET 1.5 – DEFINE ACCELATI0N TIME TO 1.5 SECOND (default was 10)

Appreciate the update. Looking forward to your continued progress - you must be excited to switch out the mounts.

Another option is to ajust the program-start setting. Ex to add 8 seconds wait when gcode start, add 2 lines M3 S10000 G4 P8

1 Like

I have that problem with Fusion360, it doesn’t want to wait for the spindle. I’ve been hand-editing the g-code files to put a pause in: M0 (MSG, Wait for Spindle!)

I’ve been meaning to look at the post-processor to see if I can automate that - but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

V-Carve output has a pause already in, so I’m certain this is possible somewhere…

Hey Hrubeskyr, can you upload the current version to etsy? looking to machine one myself asap. Im fine working out a few kinks and fitment issues

1 Like

It is the same thing for me, I am eager to have the file to print a 3D by a friend. Waiting solution before an official Onefinity upgrade.

It would be nice if they could give a date when they thought that an 80mm mount would be an option. But I think they are backlogged with orders so I don’t know when they will get around to it. I assume that it’s not the designing of the mount but putting it through it’s paces to make sure there’s no unforeseen issues.

im modeling mine right up now and im making it fit a 80mm. ill post the files on thingverse when im done and then pictures to follow this week once mine is machined.

2 Likes

Untested but modeled for everyone to experiment with and use.

Pulled dimensions directly from the onefinity mount.

3 Likes

I tried to bring your file into both Cura and sketchup…and in both the file came in extremely small… not sure if It exported correctly or something wrong on my end but I have tried on both a Mac and pc.

thats converting from mm to in. just multiple it by 2540 and it will be full size

@RogerRabbit I think you meant scale the model by multiplying it by 25.4

1 Like

Thank you for providing this. Could you please tell me the centre to centre dimension for the two holes that attach the ball screw nut to the top of the mount, as well as their depth, and type of screw used? Also, do you happen to know if there is a particular place the set screws for the linear bearings should (or should not) go so as not to compromise their function?
Thank you, Tom

Could you please send me a picture of what you are asking.
Thanks

I have come up with a new design where I will no longer need the set screw locations in my second image. I will use a similar clamping system to the one I am using with my 80mm spindle. Added benefits will be easy access from the side, lack of set screws that could damage the housing of the linear bearing, and no longer needing to rely on a possibly tricky pressure fit. I would still appreciate help with the mounting hole locations in y first image. Thank you.

I was hoping to get your help with a final dimension I need. No one has answered my previous posts so I will try again. I have completed my 80mm mount design but need to know the size and exact (centre to centre) locations of the lead screw ball nut screws that fasten it to the top of the mount - see picture. I would really appreciate it if you or someone else could help. I had mentioned before that I appreciated your upload to Thingiverse, and that I had tried to get the dimensions using the STL, but I can’t seem to get an accurate solid body in F360 to trust my measurements.