Asus touch screen not working

Can anyone help ? Just unpacked Asus VT229H. Hooked up to Onefinity with hdmi cable and cable to go to usb on controller. Onefinity screen comes up but no touchscreen ablility. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Mike,

did you also connect monitor’s power supply to the wall outlet? The Onefinity Controller is not able to supply enough power to drive the monitor.

Yes it is connected to power. The screen shows the Onefinity booting up and goes to the screen where it asks if you want to home it. The pointer and the touch screen just don’t do anything.

Hey Mike,

then it is likely that the USB device is not found by the system. Are you sure that you connected the USB cable to the right USB port on the Monitor?

The only port on the monitor that goes to a usb is a usb type b to a regular usb that I plugged into the controller. The forum says this monitor is compatible.

Hey Mike,

according to Confirmed Aftermarket Screens/Monitors that work with the Onefinity, Asus VT229H works.

You could open a terminal window with Ctrl-T Ctrl-C and type:

sudo grep -i touch /var/log/Xorg.0.log

If a touch device was found, it would be shown. Otherwise this command would output nothing.

Next, what happens if you type:

sudo tail -F /var/log/syslog

and then you plug the USB cable in?

1 Like

Thank you for your help. You steered me in the right direction. The cable that came with the monitor was bad. Found a nice longer cable and it works just fine.

1 Like