BB controller won’t reset Estop button

Newbie - I am unable to reset Estop button so I can restart bb controller

Assuming that you’re talking about the physical E-stop switch on the black controller box, you have to twist it to make it release.

I have tried that but it when I try to depress the button and twist the button won’t stay ingaged
I have tried unplugging everything from power but still doesn’t engage after I replug everything back in. I push on button but am still unable to get it to boot up.

On the Screen or Web Interface do you see this Image and is it highlighted in Orange?

If so Press it, and wait a few seconds and it should turn back to Yellow.

I can’t even get the system to boot up. Could the Ebutton be broken? I would think that red button on the control box would have to be reset some how.

you should take a picture and post what the screen says when trying too boot, or is it just black? My understanding is the system is built on a Raspberry pie 3, and in my experience with Pies is they are very sensitive to corrupting data on Micro SD’s Will want to reach out via email to Onefinity Support, I’m guessing the first step is going to be trying to reflash the MicroSD

Hey ksw,

if you press the mushroom-shaped red button on top of the Onefinity controller box, which is a so-called kill switch, the power to the internal power supply will be immeditately cut. It will however not take care to stop spindles and routers, it will just cut the internal computer from power brutally. I know no case in which it would make sense to press this button, because it does not take care to also stop routers and spindles connected to the machine. An emergency poweroff switch should always but the entire setup from power. But usually you don’t want an emergency poweroff but an emergency stop. This is something different.

To make power come through again, you got to lift the button up again.

If you push this button, the power to the internal power supply is cut. You got to lift the button up to make power come through again.

The physical mushroom-shaped button on the top of the Controller box has nothing to do with the similar-looking icon on the top right corner of the User Interface Display. The latter enters so-called estopped mode which will stop all motors including spindles attached via RS-485 Modbus interface, pwm spindles, and routers attached via a relay on pin 15 (‘tool-enable’) of the 25-pin I/O port.

The physical button on the top of the Onefinity Controller box DOES NOT enter this estopped mode, but simply cuts power from the internal power supply. IT DOES NOT take care to do anything like stopping spindles or routers.

If you want that the physical red mushroom-shaped button on the top of the Onefinity controller box triggers real estopped mode, you got to rewire it to be connected to pin 23 and ground of the 25-pin I/O connector and activate it on the I/O page. ONLY THEN it will do the same as the red-yellow estop icon on the top right corner of the User Interface Display, which means, it then will take care to also stop spindles and routers connected over a relay.

It has been reported that users hit the physical red mushroom-shaped button on the Onefinity controller box so hard that it was internally broken then. In this case you could open the controller case and simply bypass the buttons wires to make the controller run again.

If you want to know more about emergency stop configurations, please see here, here, here and here.

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

– Source: Onefinity PRO Setup Manual (PDF)

1 Like

Thanks to all for information and help.

Thank you for all help. Got it restarted. Learning to use new machine is a challenge for me.
Now I need to figure out why Z drive is not working.

2 Likes