Beginner Needs Help!

I’m completely new to CNC! Really looking forward to learning how to use my machine! Of course, it’s just my luck I put my Onefinity together and ran into a problem immediately! I can’t get the X Axis to home. Well actually, I can’t get it to move at all! You can hear the motor engaging, but it won’t move in the slightest, like it’s locked in place. (Am I missing removal of something from shipping?) When the machine is off, I can physically move Y, but not X. I tried stall homing(I think that’s the correct term😊) Nothing! Checked to make sure I had connected all wires correctly. Seems good there. I looked through the forum and saw questions about homing X Axis, but they were able to move it when the machine was off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You should be able to move it when the controller is disconnected from power - when plugged in and powered on it should be locked in place. If it doesn’t move at all when you attempt to home it I’d open a case with support, it is likely binding for some reason.

1 Like

Thank you for your response!