Braking Motor Issue

Although random, this is happening more frequently. After power up, when attempting to home the machine, the Z motor does this jerky movement and causes an alarm. If you listen to the video you can hear me pushing/pulling the e-stop. After power cycling the controller it homes fine.

I was experiencing a similar issue that was resolved by re-installing the HTG files. I also had a few homing sensors out which coincidently happened at the same time. In my case the Z axis jerk would happen right before the X axis moved in the wrong direction and I would get a fault. After replacing a few homing sensors and re-installing the HTG file, all of the problems went away including that same jerk I saw in your video.

2 Likes

Interesting. I have observed this same behaviour maybe twice over 3 months. Based on the timing, I’m pretty sure it occurred once was with V5.06 and the other time with V5.07. Each time I shut the power off and re-seated all the Z axis connections. But it sounds like I would have had the same result by just cycling power.

One other thing I tried is activating the Z axis homing switch before homing. This just causes the Z axis to move away from the homing switch (down) a short distance at the homing speed before reporting a fault. So this wasn’t the problem…

1 Like