Carveco importing files not working

It says that pdf and dxf files are supported on carveco maker.
I have both types of files on my computer
However when i go to import or open them up they dont show up as an option.
I bought them on etsy.
I think they may have been more for laser cutting but i assumed it would work for a cnc too.
Am i missing something?

Just opened Carveco for the first time 5 minutes ago, so I won’t claim to be an expert.

I was able to open a dxf file from the open menu. Had to change the drop down menu at the bottom to “All Files” for the files to be visible.

I was unable to open a pdf from the open menu. It says the program cannot read the file type, or something like that. However, I was able to start a new project, then drag a pdf file into the window just fine.

Dan

if i just try to drag a file over from my desktop, the cursor just turns into a symbol of an O with a / through it. doesnt ever load the file.
if i try to open it through the vector import then i cant even see the files in the available files list.
I dont know why this has to be so tough

Do you have a project started before you try dragging a file over from your desktop? Meaning you’ve set your project size already and have the yellow material available in Carveco? Can’t drag a file into a window that doesn’t already have a project window open.

If so, you’re doing the exact thing I did, though ending up with different results. I would either reinstall carveco or reach out to Carveco tech support. Sounds like a software error.

Dan

I have tried starting a new model and then dragging it over like you are saying.
I have also tried opening the file before starting a new model as i have seen in a video when researching this issue.
Neither have worked for me.