Connecting to wired network

@AmazeCPK

Did you ever get this working? I was honestly wondering if the networking interface was down for the ethernet port. The command that you’d use on the terminal to check is slightly different depending on the distribution of linux that’s operating. If I recall, BuildBotics is running a Debian variant. You can check with this command in the terminal:

/etc/*-release

Now, that you know the correct linux distribution, run the correct command to check if the ethernet interface (eth0) is up or down, or restart either the dameno using the init.d or systemctl. Check for reference here.

All of the other comments that were mentioned about MAC-filtering or cables hold true. I gathered from the thread that other devices connected via the wire have networking and only the BB controller is being a royal pain. If for some other unrelated reason the system seems frozen and you can’t reboot it, you may try the following from the terminal:

sudo reboot

Translation: (super user do reboot)

Some systems complain about the reboot command. If you ever need to shutdown and cannot use reboot, try the following:

sudo shutdown -r now

Translation: (super user do shutdown remaining time immediately)

More random tips:
If you’re a Linux or a Mac user, you already have built in access to a bash-shell or z-shell via the terminal on that operating system. If you’re a Windows user, you can download a tool called PUTTY to simulate having a shell in a windows system. You would use the terminal or PUTTY to make a connection via SSH (secure shell) where the username and password are here. The proper format is username@ipaddress, so: bbmc@192.169.*.* (replace * with your last two octets for your IP). Press enter and then enter your password when prompted.

Why would you care about SSH. If you didn’t have a spare keyboard or the OneFinity display has issues, etc… Rather than plugging in a monitor and keyboard to the BB controller, you can have control via ssh from your computer as if you were actually sitting at the pi with a monitor and keyboard. Initially, you’d have to rely on WiFi to ssh, but you could take a look at the networking interfaces as described in the link above. If you manage to get eth0 working, you could then check your IP address on the controller’s display to see if it’s ethernet or WiFi. You’d know this based on the output for the networking interface linked to above.

if config | grep 192 -B 1 -A 1 --color

Translation: (list the network interfaces and filter for 192, showing only the matching line and +1 line before and after any matching result of 192, and colorize it so I can see it easily). Assuming you haven’t done anything crazy like remade your network to become 10.*.*.*.

To exit ssh, simply type exit and press enter.