Cribbage Board Custom Design

Havent been on the forums for a while. Figured id post one of my most popular items :slight_smile:
Duck hunting relief custom cribbage board :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Wow, that’s really beautiful! Nicely done!

Yes, very impressive.

thank you fine young people

Now that is cool. How long to carve the centerpiece??

Im still working on optimizing… but i have it down to about 7 hours. the weeds etc are SUPER detailed, so it takes some time there… I use a SUPER fine tip ball nose too, because i hate sanding haha

Amazing job! What are you using to drill the holes? I was planning on using a 1/8" Upcut but most of them are only 1/2" DOC and most posts I researched said do not Drill with an end mill and considering the 360 holes I got scared and only spot drill them with an end mill and then drill to depth with a brad point on the drill press.

Thanks!

Whiteside 1/4" shank 1/8" upcut bit. 100ipm plunge. easy peasy. works perfectly fine…half inch doc :slight_smile:

Okay awesome! Because drilling out 360+ holes by hand sucks! Do you mind sharing your pecking cycle? Im assuming router speed is on lowest?

No peck… full depth. 125 IPM plunge. I am running an 80mm spindle tho. which may or may not matter haha

Really well done. Beautiful and thoughtful! And you found a way to use magnets. Always try and find a way to use magnets!!! Thanks for sharing.

haha i love magnets :slight_smile: i always try to find ways to use em if possible haha.

Speaking of magnets, has anyone come up with a good way of gluing them in that doesnt involve glue spilling coming over the top and making a mess?

I would use some blue tap with a hole cut out. Not sure the best adhesive, but gel/thick CA glue (aka super glue) should work fine

i use CA thick, tiny drop in the bottom of the hole, put magnet in… I also dont put them in until after the finish (minwax spray aerosol). that way if i get a little extra, it cleans up easily.

2 Likes