Delivery of the Elite Series Machines

That is only for the elite series, the X50 and X35’s are a couple of weeks. You can upgrade to the Elite series at a later date. Onefinity will release an upgrade path later this year.

1 Like

Ed, am glad you got a new machine!!!

1 Like

I did not get a new machine. I am receiving a replacement motor

Ordered my foreman on Nov 29th and saying it’ll ship 2nd week of may, the anticipation and frustration mounts daily!! I feel like 1F should do a little something for us since the original ship time was 8-10 weeks and they got paid upfront, not being a Karen just looking at 3 months in lost production… Anyways hope the shipping gets resolved and the machine is everything it appears to be!

the fact that they take all of your money up front, communicate poorly, speaks volumes. I am hugely disappointed because this is a great product and price point.

I bought a $1500 AI 3D printer and they only required a deposit, lead times were faster, they communicated regularly.

Speaking of AI, why hasn’t AI filtered down into CNC yet?

Would you rather Onefinity take a non-refundable deposit only? If material prices change, would you be alright with paying extra? The Elite is relatively inexpensive and is massively successful. Obviously charging upfront was the right call.

Criticizing the communication is valid. There is some room for improvement there, but paying in full makes complete sense.

2 Likes

What would you like them to do? Day 1 orders got a free upgrade and early orders got the machine at a slightly reduced price.

2 Likes

Swick I’m not saying I don’t get the upfront purchase nor do I disagree with the pricing, obviously I’m okay with it because I purchased it. It appears to be a very well built product at an extremely reasonable price point and yes the promotion was generous! I think it took a little longer to get production ready than they thought and the higher volume of orders lead to increased time sourcing components which is all understandable. That being said their lead times have essentially doubled and the 18-20 weeks is out the window as well. Now we have an updated shipping table which appears to be slipping in the first 10 days of launch. What would I like them to do? I mean if it was me I’d send a free hat or t shirt as an I’m sorry for the delay, thanks for your patience and get some free advertising on top.

I believe they are ahead of or on schedule. From the Facebook page, it looks like they have shipped out Foreman orders into the late 345XXs. Some WW orders from January have already been shipped out. It looks like Journeyman machines are the ones that are falling behind. Though according to the table they are onto this week’s orders. Again, the communication on deliveries could have been better and even now there is some confusion(though significantly less than before the table was released).

When the original machines were shipped, there were delays as well. I don’t believe anyone got anything free then. I think getting the machines out as quickly as possible and acknowledging the delay(which they already have, though a bit too late in my opinion) is the best solution. I don’t think free gifts is the way to go.

1 Like

My order has the number 34370. Will get an Elite Foreman with QCW. Haven’t got an Mail about shipping so far. Maybe it’s because I’m from Germany and OF decided to serve nearer orders first. This way they could test the new packaging with shorter ranges and extend the ranges when the packaging approved to be good :thinking: just guessing :sweat_smile:

@Bauerei If you haven’t received anything yet, you should reach out. Your order should be ready to ship according to the table.

34292 to 34466 Week of April 17, 2023 Shipping/Shipped

1 Like

@BillSpencer86 you said you think that shipping is slipping from their proposed table but I don’t think so.

My Elite Forman and QCW is one of the last order numbers that is slated to ship this week (30 below the last number slated for this week) so I assumed I would ship Friday if I am lucky. However last Saturday I received the UPS email that a label was created and on yesterday I received the shipment notification from OneFinity themselves.

So I do think they are actually running ahead at this time, though I also assume that can probably change and shift at any time.

1 Like

@Swick Yep, maybe i should do that. Thought of waiting until next week, because the shipping table says „shipping/shipped“ and not something like „fully shipped“.
I’m sure they are already getting enough Mails with questions about shipping :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I believe the times will drop.
Onefinity either over estimated production, underestimated demand or a bit of both. The influx of hundreds (maybe reaching a comma) of elite orders in the first few days is impractical to assume they can get those orders out timely.

Assume it takes 2 hours (probably a little generous) for 1 person to assemble (from bare parts to assembled to tested to disassembled for shipping to packed how itll be shipped), and assume a 8 hour Workday… one person can do 4/day. Have a crew of 10 that’s 40/day. Now I’m just pulling numbers out of my 3rd point of contact to illustrate that early purchases will have the longest wait time, which yes its about 23 weeks (for me)… not to mention their finding their rhythm the first week or 2.

One thing i do wish is that they put out “the shipping timeline is the shipping timeline” and not led people to believe the shipping times they could expect were from the day they bought it. People were arguing over when they should expect theirs based on shipping estimate when they bought, even though the shipping page says that.

I would rather wait and have them get it right than rush a subpar product because 2 mortgage payments is a lot to me, but at least i know it’s all paid for, and i don’t have to come up with the money.

2 Likes

I understand and I think you all have good points. For me though, I’m going to wait until they can ship a quality product within 2-3 weeks. I want the Elite Foreman. In any case, I ordered a Langmuir Crossfire Pro Plasma CNC on Saturday evening and it has all already shipped. So I’m going to work on getting that machine up and running while I wait for the ship times to come down to reasonable.

Cool. You’ll find a few of us here have those as well. A good thing about design work is that you can use the same SVGs for both 2D plasma cutting and 2.5D router carving.

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates, and time you take to get it right. I would rather wait a month or two, and get quality, rather than get it quick and have it damaged or not work. I’m in know rush, but excited at the same time. My main concern isn’t the machine, it’s getting to know how to use the Masso and VCarve. Thanks again.

1 Like

Videos for both.

My technique to learn aspire was play around to get the basics, then every project add a new thing. Say to yourself “i want to do this” and Google how do i… vcarve, or check the documentation.

As for masso, it’s just like the new versions of windows. You just have to figure out the interface and the rest will come naturally.

1 Like

Thanks Chris,
I’ve been doing different projects with the Vectric Vcarve, it’s definitely a learning experience. For me and Masso, it will be like getting my first computer and trying to learn the first version of windows. Thanks again for the reply.

Eldon

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen its just 6 screens that perform different functions, then each screen has its own options.
Seems simple enough…