Direct connection from 1F controller to PC

After spending most of the day testing out wifi & trying various wifi usb adapters, it seems as if wifi isn’t going to be possible for the 1F… which leads me to my next quest:

Can I connect the 1F controller to my garage PC via ethernet cable & somehow be able to transfer files & control the 1F?

I’ve got a usb wifi adapter on the PC & it works perfectly well with my AP in the house & the mobo has a built in ethernet port. Already tried to setup the wired ethernet to connect to the 1F, but I’ve never been able to get the 1F to give me an IP address to try.
Is it possible to connect to the garage PC via ethernet to the 1F? If so how?

TRY THIS LINK TO CONNECT PC TO CONTROLLER.

1 Like

I have zero issues with the 1F hard wired or wireless

Did you try this USB adaptor? Works for me and several others here.

1 Like

i have one with the 4" or so antenna, it says it’s for the pi & every other os… i might have to pick one of those up & see if it works.

i tried the direct connection with ethernet cable again today without any luck. i finally got an IP address from the 1F but that nor the http://onefinity.local would connect via ethernet.

This looks like a good solution to the problem I’m having with my network. The 1F is connected to my wifi. On my laptop I connect to 196.198.1.98 which is the network location that shows on the 1F screen. Eventually I get a connection and I can run the interface from my laptop. However, after a while, the web page on the laptop will say “disconnected”. Sometimes it will reconnect but sometimes it will not. When it won’t reconnect, I have to reboot the 1F and rehome and start over. I’m looking for a way to have the laptop stay connected to the 1F so that it is my dedicated connection.

I tried connecting the laptop to the 1F with a cable as shown in the video but when I do, it does not connect.

Any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?

when you connect directly with a network cable you need a special crossover cable or you need to go through a switch to use a standard cables.

Hey Scott,

since the advent of Auto MDI-X in 1998, a crossover cable is no more necessary.

You win my gratitude prize of the month!! Thanks.