"Disconnected" Pop up after stopping the job. Only way to regain control is e-stop?

I don’t get this error. I have on two occasions this month decided to abort the cut. I hit the black square stop button but that will not regain joystick control. Hitting the stop button a second time regains joystick control and returns the gcode to the beginning. It also retains the x-y zero. I’ using 1.0.7 via the automatic update.

Yes I am on firmware 1.0.7

Yes 1.0.7 and got the error.

If I hit stop twice mid cut I lose my zeros.

I put 1.0.8b1 on and have not seen a single disconnected message since. Definitely something in 1.0.7

firmware 1.0.7
Got the machine just a few weeks ago. This was the version it came with.

Yes. 1.0.7 firmware and get that error…

I’m looking for 1.0.81 and can’t find it. Where did you get it ?

1 Like

You mean 1.0.8b1 (beta1). See this post

Thank you so much. I’ll try it tomorrow.

I am running 1.0.8.
Just stop my file and got the DISCONNECTED pop up again.
Is there a solution? I tried to return to xy0, and got the same pop up.
Disconnected

I used to occasionally get the disconnected error - but i always snap a picture of the home position before I start any job. So if it does happen, I just shut down - fire it up - reload the zero coordinates and I’m good. But since I upgraded to 1.0.8 - haven’t had these issues since… but I’m ready if they pop up again :wink:

Its good practice anyhow - with power outages and anything else that may happen…

2 Likes

I’m on 1.0.8 and it happens every time to me

Update - it happened once last week and it was in the middle of Z-Zeroing… needless to say - bit was ruined… and had to hit the e-stop and reset… sad day in the world on CNC… haha

Still a problem in 1.0.8

The weirdest part is that, even thought it says “disconnected”, I can press play to launch another job just fine. I just can’t manually control the blasted thing.

I was told by OF that: It’s an emi issue. There is dirty signal electronically; 1000x of reasons why, but my aluminum table is the first place to check.

I have the same problem. I don’t buy the EMI issue crap and even if it is, there is fundamentally wrong with this controller for being sensitive because I can consistently replicate this issue even without a router or spindle, vacuum, or any high-power devices.

Disconnected issue when hitting Stop - YouTube

Yeah I don’t think EMI is the issue. It has to be a software bug or an issue with the controller.

And just for the sake of it, here’s is another video because 1F support wants me to disconnect every customization I have.

Bypass all my customization:

Everything connected and works fine if you don’t interrupt it:

And if anyone interested in replicating it, you can use the same g-code I’m using. I also noticed that some of my g-code doesn’t inherit this problem.

BoltMountCNCMode - Partial.nc (1.4 KB)