DIY Touch Probe

Has anyone created a DIY touch probe ?

Hi
On my side I notice that I was using the probe bloc from Onefinity only for the Z , X&Y was done visually , so I decide to make a small one to probe the Z , and it is a lot more easy to fit in the dust boot

2 Likes

Hey Wayne,

At least Bill, Tom and Yvon, and see also here. Use the search function of the forum!

2 Likes

Thanks Aiph5u
But when I did a search these did not show up. Thank You

Here’s the more updated version. I also made another identical one for my other machine. This one doesn’t require a secondary lead to the spindle.

2 Likes

Hey Bill,

when I posted the above, you probably got the notification that I linked to your older touch probe but you probably didn’t notice that of course I knew you made this one more recently and found and changed the link immediately afterwards :slight_smile:

1 Like

That still links to my original design. Other than this thread, I don’t remember if I posted a pic of the newer one or not. Only difference with the newer one is the wider body. :slight_smile:

Hey Bill,

I don’t think so, but now you have made up for it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is another question for the experts.
On the back of the OneFinity controller box the connector Latch is up and works as an index.
Is there a preferred location of positive verses negative?

Hey Wayne,

this has already been answered here :slight_smile:

Further searching

touch probe which wire end
touch probe which wire

1 Like

Hi Wayne, yes I have done my own probe for the z axes only, I don’t use the x or y probe feature. I bought the probe on amazon and got 2 for under 10 dollars (several different types) and also got the wire ends (go into the controller) from there also (200 pack) everything for under 20 dollars. The set up works great, but you need to go into setting and adjust probe thickness. Hope this helps