Drag chain question

My woodworker should be here mid may. I have been getting things ready for its arrival. I got my drag chains in the mail today. When I laid them out on the counter they didn’t lay flat. Will these relax and flat? They were shipped coiled up.

Seems to me that, in use as intended, they will constantly be curved. No?

Thanks fo rthe response. I guess I was worried that it if it was curved and then traveled so it had to mostly flat it would hit the aluminium angle that makes the “groove” it sits in and cause issues. Probably worried about nothing.

1 Like

That’s normal. As previously stated, the drag chain will constantly be in a curve position. Once you attach one end to your table and the other end to your gantry, the piece will lay flat in your aluminum track

2 Likes

What are the dimensions? My machine isn’t due to arrive until mid July… I too am getting prepped for my machine, enclosure, table, spindle kit, and laser kit… Running a water cooled spindle that will require at least 10mm of space in the drag chain for the coolant lines, and whatever the existing cabling requires…

Thanks Mitz. If your the Mitz on YouTube your videos have been a big help getting my setup ready for when the machine arrives.

Tim

1 Like

Nick,

What spindle did you order. I am leaning that way instead of Makita. Drag chain is 15 x 30 mm. Amazon link below. Make sure you select correct size.

1 Like

There is only one Mitz :slight_smile:

Tim, I have not purchased the spindle yet, I’m holding out for the 80mm mount unless I get my machine before they release the mount. But I’ll most likely get the huanyang branded spindle/vfd kit they sell on Amazon. Seems to be what most people are using…

Nick,

Thanks for feedback. I am still on the fence if I should wait for 80mm or not.

1 Like