Edit saved toolpath

I am brand new to both Onefinity and Vectric software as well, so this is a newbie question. Yesterday, I created a toolpath and of course saved it. I would like to go back and edit it. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You can either edit the g-code file in a text editor or re-open the file in the Vectric software that you used to create your design/G-code, make the necessary changes and recalculate the toolpaths then resave the G-code with the changes that were made.

I don’t see how to reopen the file from VCarve. What am I missing?

Okay, I think I know what I was doing wrong. I was trying to open the g-code file ( ngs) using Vcarve instead of the crv file.
Last night when I saved the g-code, I did not save the crv file that I could use to edit the toolpath in vcarve. Does that sound correct?

1 Like

Yes, if you have not saved the original VCarve file (.crv) then you will need to start again as VCarve Pro will not open your .ngc file.

1 Like

What is it you want to change, and do you know how to read/write gcode?

If you want to change how the design looks, and manipulate the gcode to suit your fancy, it’ll be faster and easier to recreate the ventric file. Deleting the wrong line, or not adding a line properly could have unintentional results.

If you want to do something simple like change the speed of the spindle, totally doable. Change your file extension to .txt and go ahead, but i would advise you if you don’t know what your looking at, don’t mess with it, till you do.