Elite upgrade - configuration off?

Hello,

I got my Elite upgrade installed yesterday, after finally finishing my table and wasteboard. (I’m one of those cases Onefinity called out who had an X50 machine which never got unboxed. I ordered it, and then a couple major, unpredictable life events hit us, and it got left aside until a suitable time. I pulled the trigger on the upgrade, and then went to work on building my table.)

First off, a tip of the cap to Onefinity on the upgrade to Elite, and the obvious forethought which went into the engineering of the rail brackets originally, as provisions were there to attach all of these components for the upgrade. A well planned product roadmap is a valuable thing, indeed. I’m eager to see what else they have up their sleeves.

It seems like my controller got out the door without being fully/correctly configured? I’ve observed several oddities, and potential problems.

1. Homing wasn’t set to be required at boot up. Every axis would show a position of 50mm, no matter its true position, and just flip its displayed position to 0.00mm when the “Ready” button was pushed.

2. In the homing settings on F1, no sequence was defined, and neither “Request Home on startup” nor “Request Home after E-Stop press” were selected. If I enable them, double-tapping the flashing yellow “Home” button doesn’t move any axis, just sets the current positions as 0.000mm for all rails. What am I missing here?

3. The direction of travel on both X and Y axes were logically inverted, so the +X moved to the left, and -Y moved back. I can toggle the “Invert Direction” checkbox for these, but wonder if I should have to?

4. In the F1 screen every axis has a Travel Maximum of 100mm. (This is a Journeyman machine.) Does anyone know what Travel Maximum should be set to for each axis on the Journeyman?

5. Most concerning, the Y and B were not coupled in the F3 Jog screen when jogging the gantry position. I can make B a slave of Y, but is this the right configuration? Also, even when they are slaved together, these motors tend to raise errors frequently when jogging.

There is a Onefinity splash screen at boot, so I know the controller was flashed with their ROM, but I’m really wondering if some configuration steps got skipped? Is there a script for this somewhere that I could follow to ensure this controller is as it should be? Or some other path to getting the correct setup?

Cheers, and thanks for any insights you can offer.

Flash the configuration file here Elite Series Masso Default Machine Settings

1 Like

That did resolve the homing issue, and jogging works as expected now. Thank you for the quick response!

Now I just need to know what the admin login password got set to?

1 Like