ELITE Upgrade Kit FAQ (Official Thread)

Thank you very much for the information, this and the reduced lead times prompted me to pull the trigger on the Elite Upgrade.

Since I am upgrading to an 80mm 220v spindle I went with:

• IPP elite upgrade with the Z20 slider with 80mm mount
  • added the closed loop braking stepper
  • extra 4 foot cable pack
  • X50 stiffy rail upgrade

Decided I don’t need a tool setter, and thanks to some other folks in this forum I found the CW-3000 clone water chillers so I’m looking at:

Unfortunately amazon.ca only has the 220v chillers available, so it may be a while before I can obtain this 120v version as it’s not in stock. Does anyone know if another decently priced option easily available from a reputable Canadian seller (even better if it’s on amazon.ca)?

I am also curious about 220v spindle options, it doesn’t seem like getting my hands on a Mechatron is going to be financially viable right now, so I found what I believe to be genuine HuanYang direct from the company on Amazon.ca here:

Most research suggests the genuine HuanYang VFD and Spindles are a decent option, with good runout and quality bearings (not ceramic, but still decent quality quad bearings). But are there any other higher quality spindles and VFD’s readily available in Canada? I hear good things about Fiji VFD’s but I couldn’t find them anywhere.

Thanks for your time.