Error 12c write failed Errno 5 input error

I had 1 carve go ok, then next one i erred by mistakenly uploading as a art file. Froze up/rebooted/ retried now I get

error 12c write failed Errno 5 input error

I can not home, or even move zyz in any way.

I did (out of frustration and bad eyesight) hooked up a monitor, mouse and keyboard

Any help would be appreciated here in Southern Maine. Any 1finity users in my area?

This may help:

1 Like

tried this
sudo rm /var/lib/bbctrl/upload/*

and got this
no such file or directory

I will look for reply later tonight or tomorrow.
got to run, Thanks

Interesting, that is the correct path and should work. Can you list the files using “ls /var/lib/bbctrl/upload”?

warningI2C failed, retrying: I2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errordebugTraceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/I2C.py”, line 86, in write else: self.i2c_bus.write_byte(addr, cmd) OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 1509, in _execute result = method(*self.path_args, **self.path_kwargs) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/APIHandler.py”, line 46, in put self.put_ok(*args, **kwargs) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/Web.py”, line 349, in put_ok def put_ok(self): self.get_ctrl().mach.stop() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/Mach.py”, line 337, in stop super().i2c_command(Cmd.STOP) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/Comm.py”, line 92, in i2c_command self.avr.i2c_command(cmd, byte, word, block) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/AVR.py”, line 149, in i2c_command self.ctrl.i2c.write(self.i2c_addr, cmd, byte, word, block) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/I2C.py”, line 91, in write raise type(e)(‘I2C write failed: %s’ % e) OSError: I2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output error errorI2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errorerrorI2C failed: I2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errorwarningI2C failed, retrying: I2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errordebugTraceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/I2C.py”, line 86, in write else: self.i2c_bus.write_byte(addr, cmd) OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 1509, in _execute result = method(*self.path_args, **self.path_kwargs) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/APIHandler.py”, line 46, in put self.put_ok(*args, **kwargs) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/Web.py”, line 349, in put_ok def put_ok(self): self.get_ctrl().mach.stop() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/Mach.py”, line 337, in stop super().i2c_command(Cmd.STOP) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/Comm.py”, line 92, in i2c_command self.avr.i2c_command(cmd, byte, word, block) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/AVR.py”, line 149, in i2c_command self.ctrl.i2c.write(self.i2c_addr, cmd, byte, word, block) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/I2C.py”, line 91, in write raise type(e)(‘I2C write failed: %s’ % e) OSError: I2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output error errorI2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errorerrorI2C failed: I2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errorwarningI2C failed, retrying: I2C write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errorwarningPwr communication failed at reg 0: I2C read word failed: [Errno 5] Input/output errorwarningState variable “metric” not foundwarningPwr communication failed at reg 0: I2C read word failed: [Errno 5] Input/output error

This is what i get, I can not even move the xyz with my controler

Erik - I’m pretty sure the controller is trying to parse the last uploaded file, which may be the root of the error. You likely need to remove that file (selectively or remove all) per the instructions above.

All that said, the stack trace looks like a communication problem between the RPI and the motor controller (they talk through I2C), so there might be a deeper problem here. I’d start by removing the offending file and see what happens.

-Tom

It says no such file or directory

I tried that and nothing happened, the next line showed like nothing typed
I tried to access my gmail from the browser so i can cut and paste and it keeps losing connection to internet. I was able to C&P and send the error message once.

not hard to tell that i am not very computer savvy. Thank you for your patience.

I was able to carve 1 sign, the second sign attempt is when this all started. Apparently an art format threw it for a loop.
I ordered this machine over a year ago. It would be just my luck that the warrantee expire before i complete my second carve.

Hey Guys!
Your thread was listed in my new topics.
I think you will have some luck following the
instructions in this thread.

Cheers,

Neil

you’re better off clean installing the whole OS at this point.
Follow this: How to reflash the operating system on the Onefinity (Full SD card image)

1 Like

If this is my only option, so be it. I am surprised something like this could happen on my second project. (literally, my second attempt at carving a sign with carveco)
My wife happened to have a sd reader

State variable
“metric” not found
Jog: Cannot enter jogging cycle while in mdi cycle
State variable
“metric” not found
Cannot home Y axis: Not mapped to motor
Cannot home Z axis: Not mapped to motor

That is what I got after flashing it

image0.jpeg

(Attachment Video.mov is missing)

Reset your configuration after flashing.

How do I reset configurations after flashing when it is frozen in the shut down boot screen?

1 Like

Still not working, I went to the configuration screen , hit reset, restarted, no difference.