Errors starting up

Hello,

I haven’t fired up my CNC in months, and when I tried today, I get the following errors. Thanks in advance.

Hey Dan,

welcome back.

“fs error” means that your filesystem has errors. Probably you switched the Onefinity controller off (big red mushroom-shaped button does that, it does not trigger estop mode!) during a write operation. If it was an ordinary computer, you would be told to never shut your computer off without a proper shutdown, and now you would reboot with “/forcefsck” in the root dir, in order to get filesystem repaired. It could also be possible that even with a fsck, inodes are lost so data remain corrupt. Usually you would be told to replay lost data from your backup, but since it is the Onefinity controller, the Onefinity manufacturer will tell you to simply re-write the entire SD card image to the SD card. Onefinity SD card images are found here (the “*.img.xz” files).

The cause of this error could also be that your SD card is defective. It is wise to buy good quality SD cards (e.g. Sandisk brand).

The card in the Onefinity Controller is of microSD size. The card is found here:

You need a SD card writer and a PC to reflash a SD card.

1 Like