Everything is Perfect

While the icons and UI elements on the touchscreen are too small, this looks to be inherited from the Buildbotics base system and is something that can easily be fixed in a software upgrade. Alternatively plug a larger monitor and mouse into a HDMI and USB ports or use your PC with a web browser to interface to the machine. On competing systems you’d need to have a PC connected to them to get anything done - the Onefinity can be standalone - a bonus even if it doesn’t have an optimal user interface design at this point.

Software can be fixed in the field and will get better over time. The wifi issues can be easily addressed by using an ethernet cable to a wifi repeater or just using a hardwired ethernet cable to your network like I do. I appreciate being able to upload programs from my main system upstairs and not needing to copy files to a USB each time.

Cable management could be better, but that’s a minor and inexpensive thing to correct and there are numerous ideas on the forum on how people have improved it themselves.

As far as I am concerned, the Onefinity hardware is extremely well designed and built, especially compared to the alternatives in its price range. Kudos to Onefinity!

Martin

3 Likes

Martin I second everything you said. As a user of the other company’s machine my Kudos to Onefinity also.

1 Like

Hey Mike… It appears you are experiencing issues with your controller that you should not be dealing with. You should not have to continuously re-boot to get the machine moving. As I mentioned in your other post, lets get you a new controller and see what happens. Something is not right, I suspect your SD card got corrupted somehow. It’s my understanding our team is working with you. We’ll get things fixed up for you. Sorry for the trouble! Talk soon…

4 Likes

Seriously guys? A new user comes in to voice their issues/concerns with a new product their not 100% familiar with and this is how they’re treated? I’m experienced and know what I’m getting into, but getting into a pissing match with those who are simply trying to provide constructive criticism to a company in hopes to create a better product is just petty. You’re not bringing any value to the conversation with your (paraphrasing) “shut up and go away” attitudes. If your feelings are hurt that someone didn’t agree with your rainbows and buttercups point of view, the move on, there’s plenty of other threads on here to go bask lavishly in. For those looking to hopefully bring some valid issues/points to the forefront, then they’re free to voice it openly.

I’ve expressed my concerns, in detail, both positive and negative. If anyone can take value from it, great, otherwise no need to stick around.

Considering this thread dead.

3 Likes

That’s what you got from my statement? The OP called certain aspects of the Machine Junk, Garbage and Unusable. Sounds like he needs to buy something else, hence my statement.

2 Likes

The WiFi problem can be fixed easily with a $10 USB adapter from Amazon. This has been confirmed to work with the OneFinity by several members in the Facebook group.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GFAN498/?coliid=I1WCCVNI95PVXS&colid=1L7NRM0MW2S5A&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Honestly my issue with this thread and post is that there is a list of issues from someone who had at that point not worked with support. Support asked him to reach out as it sounded like there were issues with the controller itself but instead of sending them an email he continued to vent. I understand that things can be frustrating but when the experience is not shared by a majority and it is apparent that the company wants to help you need to reach out. Screaming into a void that things are broke and support isn’t good when you have ignored their request for information is just foolish.

We are a great community and generally very supportive of learning. Yes we are also fan boys and girls. Yes we also all have different expectations. But there is still a decency and responsibility we need to maintain on both sides of any discussion.

4 Likes

Since it was entitled “FIRST IMPRESSIONS” and it was written BEFORE support asked me to reach out to them, and my continuing to “vent” was in response to you fan boys inability to look at the product objectively.

There were several who agreed with all or many of my “IMPRESSIONS”. I am entitled to my impressions and I can use whatever terms I choose.

I applaud their Customer Support so far.

It is always fun to see the woke espouse decency and responsibility while using terms like “vent”, “screaming into a void”, and “foolish” to attempt to disparage someones honest impressions that you happen to disagree.

2 Likes

As someone who is following this post, and who has contributed to it early on, I was caught off guard by the change in title. I do not want to make any assumptions, so I will ask if you changed it because support was able to help you resolve some of the issues you were having. If so, it would be great to share that as it is information like this that helps me the most as a soon to be owner. Personally, I think your original post title made it easier for me to identify this content as something that would help me identify potential issues and their solutions. If however the new title is meant as more of a sarcastic response that reflects your reaction to the direction the comments have taken, then there is no need to respond.

1 Like

Both actually, Customer Support is sending me a new controller to check out - and I applaud their response :grinning:.

Yes, the direction of the responses too. Despite my original title of “First Impressions”, the fan boys/girls here don’t appear to like honest feedback where they disagree. The moderation apparently thinks it’s okay for users to tell me to “stop whining” “Foolish” or other disparaging remarks, but my replies are removed.

2 Likes

Thanks ordered it… :slight_smile:

I am happy, but not surprised, at the attention your technical issues received from the OF team - thank you for providing that follow-up. As far as the posts in this thread, I think the escalating tone had more to do with word choice, than the many truths that people with often different experiences and expectations were sharing. Continuing to label certain forum members “fanboys” or the “woke” will certainly only serve to continue the negativity. Also, if the removed reply you are referring to was to @alden, it was most definitely your last phrase to him, which in my opinion and forum experience crossed a line that went past disparaging. Such wording is not allowed on any of the other forums I am a member of, and are either swiftly removed, or the moderator will issue a warning to all who own responsibility. All the other language used I think probably just reflects how passionate people are - and I think we all are, otherwise we wouldn’t be here contributing and learning in forums like these.

5 Likes

Closing topic as to not become like Facebook.

If anyone is having an issue with your machine, please email support@onefinitycnc.com first and give us a chance to know there is an issue and to make it right.

17 Likes