Fine-tuning Gamepad Jog Speed

Hey Greg,

Maybe I’m assuming too much about myself. For me, using a computer keyboard became the easiest thing I do in my daily life already a long time ago, both for personal and professional reasons, and I often do it for 15 hours at a time. But I write by using two-handed touch typing, have excellent keyboards, use an ergonomic keyboard layout and write as fast as many persons speak. Maybe that’s why I think my suggestion is the simplest solution.

But maybe it is the best solution to find and to change the values in the code of the onefinity-firmware, or better, to add to the user interface a way for the operator to be able to change these values. But I don’t use this controller, so it’s not worth it for me.

Okay, okay. On the Onefinity Controller, you open a terminal window (either hold down “Ctrl” and then click “T” and then “C” (type “exit” to exit again)) or you log in with a ssh (user: bbmc, password: onefinity), and then do:

sudo -i
cd /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/bbctrl-1.0.9-py3.5.egg/bbctrl/
nano Jog.py

There, you find:

def changed(self):
        scale = 1.0
        if self.speed == 1: scale = 1.0 / 128.0
        if self.speed == 2: scale = 1.0 / 32.0
        if self.speed == 3: scale = 1.0 / 4.0

The “Low speed” is speed 2.

Inside nano, after you have made your modifications as desired, you do <Ctrl>-O, <Enter>, <Ctrl>-X, and then back on CLI you type

reboot

EnJoy :slight_smile: !

PS: I don’t like nano, but it is installed.

Further reading

3 Likes