Firmware 1.3.0 Alpha 1 (outdated)

This is the beta version of firmware 1.3.0.

Alpha 1 includes:

• G-Code selection fix
  • VFD 60 (PwnCNC vfd included in dropdown
  • Front end logging for G-Code and Probing issues (for use when reporting issues with firmware)

1.3.0 Alpha 1 Link

How To Install:
Updating via USB
You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps:
Copy the blue .bz2 file above onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘UPLOAD’. Select the 1.3 file.
If you are on firmware 1.0.8 or lower, it may ask for a password.
the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity

3 Likes

Reserved for Onefinity #1

1 Like

Reserved for Onefinity #2

Is this update to be installed directly from either 1.0.9 or 1.2.1 firmware? Thanks.

1 Like

Adding the ability to pop this out into a new window would be great. Currently it scales in size automatically when the browser window is resized. I like to watch the video while working.

NOTE: I am currently on v1.2.1, not a beta tester. Just posted here for consideration.

5 Likes

Hi @BManCan : you can upgrade from either version. But recommendation is go with 1.0.9 version. Thank you

1 Like

I decided to do a fresh SD flash to v1.2.1, followed by the update to v1.3.0a1. The install went fine and reset the configuration for my X50 Woodworker.
So far everything is working as expected. I loaded several G code files and they processed properly and were selected as the current file.
I also configured my PwnCNC spindle using the default selection in the tools menu and was able to run the spindle in automatic speed control and also in manual speed override mode. I noticed that the default min speed for the PwnCNC VFD is configured as 6000rpm. This min speed works okay for me as I am using the IOT output from the VFD (which enables around 5000rpm) to start the spindle cooling pump.

I have only ran a couple quick air carves so far with the v1.3.0a1 firmware, but so far so good.
Thanks for the update.

5 Likes

Super excited to see this hit.
If you own a PwnCNC Spindle and wanting setup automatic spindle control… this is the version to use.
I’ll be putting together a video asap so everyone is aware.
Also… benefit of buying a spindle kit from us is you can reach out to us at support@pwncnc.com and we’re happy to help you get up and running with “automatic” control.

Using this version of the firmware will allow you to fully use all features of our spindle kits including “Manual Override” or “Automatic g-code control” over your spindle motor.

7 Likes

Hello thank you for all you have done for the CNC community. I recently installed the 1.3.0 Alpha so I can specifically use the PWNCNC spindle kit. With some setting changes to the configuration for the PWNCNC setting the spindle works amazing.

Here is my issue. I have that there was a slight difference in the Y axis motors.
the left side moves differently then the right side. I have removed thee X axis so that I can monitor the differences in the movement of the left side and the right side.
This is what i have discovered.

1. When jogging the y axis with the ouch screen and set to speed of .1 MM the move slowly but seem tot bind slightly on the left side.
  2. when jogging the y axis with the touch screen speed set to 1 MM moves together and seem to have no issues.
  3. when jogging the y axis with the touch screen at a speed of 10 MM they move no problem.
  4. when setting the speed to 100MM and using the touch screen to move the y axis the left had side moves towards the front and the right hand side moves towards the back.
    I had not moved the machine more then a few MM to verify that the Spindle control works correctly. this morning I started the 1f to begin a spoil board resurface and that is when i discovered the problem
1 Like

@139working What you are describing is not a firmware issue, sounds more like a rail issue, ensure you do maintenance.

2 Likes

Wanted to start with Firmware. that was the most recent change.
Thanks, I will start with maintenance from beginning to end. I have less than 50 hours on the machine so I thought I would still have time to start with that.
Thanks
Again

3 Likes

full screen would be nice!

3 Likes

Hi! I installed this firmware mostly to use my PwnCNC router kit at its best and it definitely works amazingly.

Unfortunately I’m not able to control anymore the z-axis with my Onefinity “Wireless” Joystick. Anybody else is experiencing this issue?

Any advice? Thanks!

Hi @jlropes

Thanks for the feedback. Were you facing the same issue with other firmware versions? Please let me know detailed description of the issue along with the video for us to understand what is happening on your end.

I found a solution to this. You will need to use google chrome browser and install the plug in Picture-in-Picture any site.
Steps:

Click and drag the video file to the top of your browser to create a new tab.

• This will create a tab with only the video file in it.
  • Next click on the plug in, This will give you a picture in picture window of only the video feed.
2 Likes

Installed and fixing to try it right now.

2 Likes

You sir are a freaking genius! Thank you very much for this tip!

Hi @DEV_D No, it never happened before with other firmware versions.

As soon as possible I’ll prepare a video. In the meanwhile the explanation is quite easy: when I use the wireless controller, acting on the left pad I can move the machine left-right and backward-forward while acting on the right pad, that usually moves the machine up-down, nothing happen.

I hope it helps for now. Gianluca

1 Like

@jlropes @DEV_D , he just needs to change modes on his joypad (assuming its purchased from us):

1 Like

@OnefinityCNC thanks for your feedback.

Yes the joypad is the “official one” so I’ll do as you suggest and as soon as possible I’ll give an update.

Gianluca

2 Likes