Firmware Update 1.0.7 (3/17/2021) (Outdated Firmware)

If you Are you willing to try flashing rpi3 sd card. I think it’s your only choice.

As I noted, I did this both remotely and from the touch screen.

I haven’t changed any passwords from default. The only password I have used at all in conjunction with this machine was entering my wifi password. Which I also tried…

I sent you a private message - if you reach out, I can probably help you through this.

-David

I just got my 1F yesterday 3/17/21. the program says 1.0.5 do I need to first download 6 then 7 or I can just download 1.0.7 and this will cover both?

You can go straight to 1.0.7

2 Likes

Sorry missed that detail, did you accidently change your pi password? There was another user that had changed their Pi password through ssh that caused an FW update issue.

If that was not the case, I would suggest you email support@onefinitycnc.com for help. Or they are really good at getting back to stuff on here too!

-Alex

Try leaving the password blank. For some reason mine no longer has a password.
Same for getting into the root and expanding the rasberry PI.
I could have deleted it but unsure!

Tried that. No go.

At this point an SD flash is next. Was just trying to figure out what was going on before I went that route.

Already done and the next suggestion is flash SD as I expected.

That is where I am headed next. I figure that really SHOULD fix, but was hoping for a less intrusive fix

Mine ended up being “buildbotics” but on the last upgrade it was onefinity

Compiled from forums and my own experience.

Try this:
From the 1F touch screen open a terminal
Using the keyboard, hold down the Control key and press the “t” key followed by the “c” key. (Control-t, Control-c) This should open up a new terminal window.
The username will appear in a terminal, so just open one and you should see pi@onefinity:~ $

Enter this sudo passwd pi (if username is different then change the pi part)
It should ask you to enter a new password (twice), and that will become your new password for the pi user.

To exit type sudo reboot and try agan with your new PW.

(If you want to exit terminal only then CTRL-T, CTRL-T)

Raspbian defaults to passwordless sudo, so unless you changed that you should be able to use the passwd command (or sudo passwd username) to change it. Or you could try the Raspberry Pi Configuration utility.

Your other option would be to use another Pi or Raspbian SD card to recover data from the one you can’t access. I believe there may also be a way to remove the password, but I can’t recall what that is at the moment.

Upgraded to 1.0.7 no issues except a minor point that my WiFi settings (ssid, etc) were not retained- no big deal.

Can I suggest the involved troubleshooting of the customer’s password problem be moved to the separate thread it deserves?

1 Like

Started firmware update couple hours ago and say i’ts still updating and do not turn off but isn’t this way too long? Help!

It should take 2 mins. Shut down and try again ensuring you used the right button per instructions, upload vs install

Doing same thing! I have it set on automatic updates and selected upgrade I’m connected to Controller via LAN with my computer on WiFi

try using the usb method

USB method worked. Thanks!

I just started using the CNC tonight, and of course I broke my first bit :slight_smile: Initiation complete, I guess.

I probed the piece to set zero, removed the magnet and touchplate (per the controller’s reminder window). Next, I hit “PLAY” and expected the screen to pop up a dialog to turn on the router. Instead, it just started off with the tool path and before I had a chance to hit the ESTOP button, the bit had already tried plunging into the surface, snapping it.

Was there ever a reminder pop-up about turning on the router? Does it still exist, but is masked as an display on/off option now? Or do I just need to remember to turn on the router before hitting the Play button?

Thanks!