Fresh out of the box, Z Axis Motor alarm on Homing procedure- Elite Foreman

Very first startup: All axis working find with manual jog, Double tapped home and the Z Axis goes to top,. and then the Masso displays red blinking “Z motor Alarm”, green and red light on motor bix isflashing in an alternating pattern.

I shut down and reset, checked that all axis motor alarms are set to “low”. Tried homing again, same thin happens.

Not sure about the Masso controller but there should be a similar setting.

Hey Alex,

the Masso G3 on the Elite Series does not support stall homing. It is a feature of the integrated Texas Intstruments DRV8711 stepper drivers inside the buildbotics-derived Onefinity Controller on the Original/X-50/PRO machines. The Elite machines have photoelectric limit sensors. However you can retrofit limit sensors on the buildbotics-derived Controllers too.

1 Like

Hey Rich,

I would check stepper motor cabling and the seat of the connectors. Since all connectors on the Onefinity machines are only tin-plated, a small amount of CRC KONTAKT 60 can help, followed by CRC KONTAKT 61 for long-term protection against oxidation. Look also at the crimping inside the connectors as they lack strain relief.

1 Like

Thanks, Pins look Ok. I wont check the wiring until I hear back from Onefinity as I dont want to start stripping wires until they reply. I tried the test found here How To Test Elite Homing Sensorand the sensor failed. So at least I know its the sensor and not some other issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Faulty sensors can cause all kinds of excitement. Like maybe a bad oil pressure sensor on an airplane engine… at night… However, if it jogs properly to its limits then you have every reason to believe it’s not a fundamental issue with the machine itself and a sensor issue.