Fusion 360 Post Processor (Download Links Included)

Thank you @blaghislain! Now, time for me to learn how to use Fusion 360. :slight_smile:

@blaghislain thanks for all your great work on post processors. If I knew how to use/contribute to github, I’d do this there:) One day I will learn.

• I think there is a small bug in the current PP for F360 for spindle delay. “Insert a delay (gcode S4 Px) if time <> 0” — I think it should be G4 Px rather than S4 Px.
  • I added a “MySafePlace” option to the safePositionMethon
    safePositionMethod: {
    title: “Safe Retracts”,
    description: “Select your desired retract option. ‘Clearance Height’ retracts to the operation clearance height.”,
    type: “enum”,
    values: [
    {title: “G28”, id: “G28”},
    {title: “G53”, id: “G53”},
    {title: “Clearance Height”, id: “clearanceHeight”},
    {title: “MySafePlace”, id: “MySafePlace” }
    ],
    value: “MySafePlace”,
    scope: “post”

This allows me to be more OCD on movement before/after gcode execution. I’ve found it helpful when you want to move the spindle away from the stock for bit changes etc.

Question, when I download the onefinity-pos-tprocessor-main file I have no files for my machine? folder is empty, no options to choose my machinist?

That’s because onefinity team did not accept my proposal (mai 2021) yet. Please download it from here

also see README.md

1 Like

Thank you
I can’t figure out how Onefinity works, they have everyone else solve problems, and basically supply all support. Weird to me but maybe I am just too old.

Followup: I created a pull request 2021-04-30 for the fusion 360 post processor in order to give people:

• Step by step instruction on how to install post-processor and machine within fusion
  • Added two new customs properties for spindle to let user add a delay and/or a pause when spindle speed change.
  • Custom update to enable ‘useCircularInterpolation’ by default.

The pull request has not be accepted yet by the onefinity team.

Today I have updated github pull request branch again to keep it up to date and add info for Journeyman.

You can take a look at fusion section of the pull request branch README.md and you can also download files from there too.

You can also take a look at the CHANGELOG.md for more info

4 Likes

Apologies if this has been covered. But is there a version of the PP where at the end of the cycle, the machine simply goes back to the G54 X0,Y0,Z0 rather than the G53/machine home?
It’s only a tiny niggle but its a pain having to move the spindle back over the workpiece once the operation is done. I can manually alter the code once it’s posted, but if the PP could be changed (or show me where to change it) its removes an extra step.
Thanks in advance

I had the same niggle so I set my return to the centre of the cutting area using the machine setup in fusion360. You can do this f360.

3 Likes

Is there an updated post processor for the X-50?

I think I might have messed something up with when I tried to adjust for the larger axis. Now I am getting the following error when i try to run a simulation.

“Machine tool simulation disabled: The post script has no CAPABILITY_MACHINE_SIMULATION”

1 Like

No it’s the same post processor. If your using the community post-processor, ensure you have the latest release (here). In fusion 360, if you’re using a machine configuration, you fill also find a specific file for the journeyman.

See the README.md

2 Likes

Awesome thanks. I will wipe out the old one and update with this one.

Awesome walkthrough on how to install it. Crystal clear.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!!! Your instructions were very clear and made this a breeze!!!

1 Like

You don’t need to select the “machine” from the list. I’ve been using Fusion for years and have never had to select a machine. I don’t even use your method of post processing. The way I do it is: select your tool path, do a right click on it and select post process. Then, upload the cps file and click post, give it a proper name vs the default 1001. Find the file, change the file extension from .nc to tap or ngc or whatever you need it to be as GRBL is just plain text and the file ext just allows the machine to read the contents. Hope this helps.

Is there a particular reason the Fusion 360 PP outputs a M30 as opposed to M2 at the end of the g code file? In the settings you have the ability to configure “program end” which triggers on M2 but not M30.

I have no idea @cyberreefguru maybe you can enlighten us.

@dalebank - I didn’t ask the question. And in fact, I never posted to this thread.

1 Like

With this Community Version you can select to have M2 instead of M30.

Thanks @blaghislain - it is easy enough to change the PP to output a M2 my concern was is there a nuance between M2 and M30 that needs to be considered before doing so.

1 Like

@cyberreefguru you are just a wealth of knowledge, we expect you to have all the answers Tom! :sweat_smile:

1 Like