Fusion 360 Post Processor (Download Links Included)

haha - touche @TheyCallMeJohn! :wink:

Hello, anyone know how I can stop the machine from going back to home when the program is finished, just want it to z up? I keep editing the x0y0 code out for now but I would like the post to do it for me.
Also another issue I have noticed is if I hit the stop button and then play, all 3 axis start moving simultaneously back to home and broke a cutter that was engaged in a cut. Not sure why it does that, any way to stop that from happening? Using Fusion 360. I did do a search prior to posting this but didnt find any info. Thanks for any help.

1 Like

If you edit the post processor you have linked to your machine you will find near the bottom something like this:

function onClose() {
setCoolant(COOLANT_OFF);
writeRetract(Z);
setWorkPlane(new Vector(0, 0, 0)); // reset working plane
writeRetract(X, Y);

Put a // in front of the writeRetract(X,Y); like this:

function onClose() {
setCoolant(COOLANT_OFF);
writeRetract(Z);
setWorkPlane(new Vector(0, 0, 0)); // reset working plane
//writeRetract(X, Y);

Save the file and you should be good to go, you may need to re-post your existing tool paths to get them updated. You can open the post processor file from your machine library under “My posts”

2 Likes

Yea, don’t do that. Never hit play unless the bit is in a safe position. Especially after aborting (stopping) a program. Jog it up to a safe location first.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m very new to this and could use some help. Can someone let me know if this generates gcode that pauses between tool changes?

Does this pp work with the journeyman version? I assume it shouldn’t make a difference.

Also there seems to be a onefinity pp available in the Fusion 360 library now, should I use the one in the library or this one here?