Homing issues - how to cancel?

Hey Pat,

that would be quite interesting as I have never seen them.

Here you go, my question really isn’t about squaring the machine but more why the pull off the sensor is different from Y to B, in my mind they should be the same, my machine is square but the homing sensor is making it out of square. Pretty sure the Masso isn’t any more smart other than when the sensor trips and it pulls off the sensor a set amount, hard to believe the Masso can somehow square or make the X axis perpendicular to the Y rail.
Pat

As mentioned, what you see as an issue may not translate into one - I would check for square first (@Aiph5u linked a few relevant resources).

Also, I do not imagine a sensor would need to be moved much to make a difference, so loosening the/any mounting hardware may be all that is needed, if at all.

1 Like

The sensors could maybe moved .002 / .003 max, the are a pretty good fit on the bolt head you cannot see in the pics.
Thanks, Pat

I think that is my point…when you say your machine is square, what are you basing that on? The difference you are seeing may be a manufacturing difference in where the IR sensor is mounted inside the molded cover.

1 Like

Hey Pat,

now I know why I bought inductive proximity sensors for my machine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just went to look at the state change during homing as suggested and the B is in the high state and never goes low, Z X and Y are all low and go high momentarily then back low as described earlier.
Wonder if it is a bad sensor or ??
Thanks, Pat

Can you manually (by blocking beam) trigger the B sensor to change at all - watching the state on the F1 screen?

Yes I just did that and it does go from High to Low and back, I had a spare sensor from 1F (long story) and I put it back on and they all indicate low until triggered now. Still have the same issue though now it has reversed, B has more gap then Y by .050.
Pretty sure the new sensor is faulty or I don’t know how to change the state from High to low.
Thanks, Pat

Chris,
I found the new sensor to be high in the F1 screen, I rigged the damaged sensor and installed it and it indicated Low and seems to be working properly now except I still have a difference in the gap between the sensor and the trigger but it has reversed, now the B sensor has more gap by .050 then the Y sensor, in my mind they should be exactly the same.
Can you send another sensor or tell me how to change from High to Low in the control?
Thanks, pat

Good troubleshooting :grinning:

Changing an input state just requires hitting space bar - that toggles low/high.

I would still use the 3-4-5 (Pythagorean) method to accurately check for square, before being too concerned about how sensor lines up/relative tab distance(s).

1 Like

Wonderful , thanks for the info on how to change the state

Hey Pat,

I agree with Tom, you should check the machine for rectangularity.

I didn’t mean to lead you to believe i have the power to replace broken items. The homing section was just one i remembered glancing at, and was hoping the information was benefitial.
If i had a machine in my possession i could walk thru and help troubleshoot, but I’m one of the 100s waiting for it to leave the warehouse

Sorry about that.
Pat

1 Like

I have the machine close but felt the need to get the homing working first, that is next, but I believe it is close enough for me.
Thanks for all your help
Pat

1 Like

I had a thought that 1F could offer to Elite owners trying to attain perfect squareness, it would be the trigger end of the homing switch made maybe 1/2" longer and able to be cut shorter to fine tune the square.
Pat

Some way of adjusting any sensor used on a machine I believe is good practice.

1 Like

I have to say that although the build quality of the Onefinty Elite’s is exceptional and the Masso controller has the makings of an excellent machine, I do NOT feel this system is ready for prime time. I think there are bugs to be worked out.

I’ve been dealing with issues with the machine since it was delivered (I have successfully managed to print the ‘ELITE’ test print a sum total of 3X.
The challenge is that customer support for these devices is by email. Onefinity has been responsive but I’ve now beeen bounced over to Masso technical support. The challenge is their tech support is also by email and they are based in Sydney which is 13 hours time difference. So basically you get about a 24 hour turnaround between messages.
I’ve realised now that anyone purchasing these machines is ‘on their own’. I am pretty tech savvy and comfortable with Software and can also build out of metal and wood and so to be honest, I feel that I can fix it ‘with guidance’. It’s the delay here that’s the killer.

I would propose that Onefinity start a dedicated thread here for troubleshooting Masso issues and that the 1:1 support that they currently offer being replaced by a better indexed forum where we might follow the troubleshooting and causal errors of previous users.
There’s also some general guidance I would suggest to others, especially to take extensive photos of your motors (covers off) and the internals of the masso, in addition to any error messages and settings in Masso. They will ask for them and you can save them/you some time by uploading any possibly helpful image so that they can review.

With this in mind. I am going to start a new thread on my issue and will post the helpful information from Masso/Onefinity as I get it so that others can learn from this experience and expedite their own repairs.

You can adjust the homing speed under your F1 tab. I had the same issue about the speed of the homing function and changed it

1 Like