How can it EVER make sense to turn on the router power when a user taps to home z? (Solved, without a tool setter on an elite machine, you MUST separate different tools into separate files)

@Joe_Carrot

i used to do this and also thought it was an issue until one day i thought … maybe it needs time to think. ever since then i hit the cycle start button once and wait - it takes a bit sometimes 10 seconds’ish before it starts, but always does.

i do multiple tool changes with my elite JM and have had mixed results… i get the message to change bits, i do, and get similar results that you have gotten, can’t probe, or when i hit next it wants to probe on its own (never had the router turn on during any of these operations thankfully). pretty sure its the programming within fusion 360 that i was messing with settings as i haven’t had any issues recently.

i have done lots of successful multi-bit cuts using one g-code from fusion 360 - but also several that give similar results you do… i still haven’t really figured out what causes what though… chalking that up to i just don’t know what the hell i’m doing.

that being said - i have started splitting out the gcodes for different bits just so i know it will work. saves a lot of frustration.

j.

Never modified from default. Will check it out.
Thanks

Why did you say this is probablhy the way most people should go?

Is there a reason someone would prefer a 3 wire version over the 2 wire?

Thanks!

Hey Adam,

it depends on whether your CNC controller honors a second state of pressing the tool setter (“over travel”) more than just pressing lightly. There was a discussion about this the other day …here.

The other reason to have more than two wires is if the switch inside is not simply a passive switch, but if it has an active circuitry which allows you to select how it behaves electronically in an input circuit context.

1 Like

Adam,

When Onefinity releases their tool setter, it’d be a plug and play solution for their Elite systems. No messing around with pull-up resistors, adding additional power supplies, or trying to figure out how to make it work.

The one I went with has 4 or 5 wires (I dont recall). I prefer this, since it was the only one I could track down that wasn’t made in China…

Dan

Three wire models don’t have that functionality, do they?

I have one of similar form factor. It has been working very well, and was chosen for its size and functionality.

I got the big one and mounted it under my table with a piece of scrap 3/4. I got the air blast gate as well, but don’t intend on using it so i took it off