How to 3D model in Fusion 360 to Vetric

If I wanted to do my 3D modeling in Fusion can the files be transferred to Vetric to set toolpaths? And if so what file type do you save from fusion

Fusion has CAM built in. Why would you use Vectric over Fusion tool paths? I’d argue that the Fusion CAM environment is much more intuitive/powerful than Vectric.

Hahah re-read my questions and it sounds critical but just genuinely curious.

Because I learned Vetric for CNC and if flows better for me where as I only know fusion for building funiture. Just works better for me at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Save as a STEP file and it should be fine…and learn Fusion CAM! You’ve already got a foundation in creating tool paths so it won’t be hard :wink::+1:

oh my bad! here is something I found File Types | Vectric Documentation

Thanks for your help!

Hmmm, Illustrator but not straight SVG? That seems really random. I guess DXF is the only solution then.

-Tom

You can download the Shaper Tools app from the Autodesk App Store to export SVG. It’s free.

2 Likes

Cool ill check that out thanks

I import SVG files all the time. I guess Vectric needs to update documentation.

In fusion 360 save the file as a STL file and then bring it into Vectric under the model tab and then “import Component / 3D Model” and then you can size it up or down from there.
It is not as good as doing the tool paths in Fusion but it is a work around.

3 Likes