If you were to buy a new monitor…

I bought a TPEKKA 10" HDMI Monitor from Newegg and use a Logitech M-185 Mouse, which has no moving parts. It all works fine for me. The only thing I have to do is Power up the HDMI
Monitor before powering up my OneFinity.

Thanks for the input! One last question, can I get updated info from those who have recently bought touch screens? What did you buy and are the working correctly? Thanks much!

Hey Mark:
I didn’t like the tiny touch screen so I went with a standard 21" diag monitor, Keyboard, and a mouse attached directly to the controller on an adjustable monitor arm. The idea of a touch screen is good but my hands are always covered in something or other and I feel more at ease with the mouse. I also put a closed circuit camera so i can watch remotely.

2 Likes

I believe there is a thread all about which monitors work with the Onefinity controller. It should turn up in a search.

1 Like

Thanks Bob, I am aware of the list. I was hoping to see if there were any new or updated touchscreen monitors that might be added to the list. In addition, hearing if the existing monitors on the list still work well. Thanks

I picked up a 10" touchscreen off Amazon. ELECROW 10.1 Inch Touchscreen Monitor 1920X1080p. It works well, and it’s got VESA mounting holes so I have it on a desktop monitor arm that’s attached to the 1F table. It’s pretty much at eye level, which is nice.

I also work on my laptop in the shop. I find it’s easier to load gcode from the laptop after designing something (once I got wifi reliably working on the 1F), but it’s easier to use the touchscreen at the 1F to do fine adjustments to zeroing or whatever.

1 Like

Thanks Woodsmoke! I will take a look at it! Do you find yourself wishing the screen was larger? Also, what mount did you end up using?

I think a slightly bigger monitor would be nice, but it’s definitely not a must have. I don’t have trouble with using the UI with my fingertips on the 10" at it’s native resolution. All of the primary 1F controls are easy to press, and it’s easy to read. That said, you do need to scroll down to see the gcode part of the UI, and some of the native controls (like when you’re selecting files from a USB stick or something) are a tad smaller than I’d prefer.

I used a monitor mount I found in a trash pile, so I don’t know the brand. Lots of similar choices on Amazon, though. Lemme see if I can post a pic. Also, note that I’m only a few months in to the 1F and CNC woodworking. Those with more experience might have more informed opinions…

3 Likes

I see in the picture you have the QCW frame what are your thoughts on how it works?

@Awokenwood69 , I got the QCW frame because I wasn’t confident I could roll the bench around and keep the work surface coplanar to the router. My garage floor isn’t flat, and the bench can twist a bit as I roll it around. Because the QCW got delayed, I built it a few months before the QCW arrived. My thinking was that the QCW surface would be guaranteed to stay both flat and coplanar to the 1Fs X/Y plane. (I don’t have a table saw, so no torsion box for me.) You can’t see in the pic, but the top is just a frame - there is no complete top. It’s open under the QCW (which probably adds to the lack of rigidity…).

I haven’t yet had to swap out the sacrificial surface so I don’t know how easy it will be to tilt the QCW up. I know how to do it in principle, and the QCW comes with some “stands” to hold the frame in a tilted position. Unfortunately, I don’t think they’ll work for me because they assume the frame is sitting on a table top which I don’t have. I’m hoping, with my open frame under the QCW, I can just replace the boards without having to tilt it. We’ll see.

The white melamine surface you see there is all scrap from a friends demolished pantry and, so far, it seems to be close enough to flat and coplanar for my purposes without me having to run a surfacing bit over it. So that’s cool. Prior to the QCW, I had some scrap wood screwed across the frame, and it definitely was not coplanar…

Anyway, so far I’m pleased with the QCW for what I wanted it to do. My biggest annoyance to date is that I’d bought a bunch of 5/16 T-slot bolts, only to find that they didn’t fit the slots.

I too have ordered my 1F without the touch display. I was originally thinking I would wait for larger ones to be available again, but now I am thinking a nice 24" monitor is the way to go (I am an IT guy and have a few laying around). I do have a question, if I did use a 24" HDMI monitor, would the controller accept a wireless mouse? I am guessing yes, as the game controller is basically that, but thought I would ask.

The answer to your question is YES! You can also use the keyboard if you have a mouse keyboard combo. A wired mouse will also work. @Bern

Are there no monitors for sale anymore with OneFinity?