Increasing spindle speed (travel, not rpm) during a program to skip cutting air on irregular shaped materials

I am looking to cut irregular (i.e. non-orthogonal ) pieces of material on the Elite/masso cnc and am interested in saving time by skipping (or speeding up) sections of the program when I’m cutting air. To save material, I often times glue a smaller piece of wood to another base piece for a carve where i know there might be a little bump thicker than the base piece of wood. Sorry if it’s a reposted question, I found answers saying you could do these things, but I couldn’t find actual instructions.

1st, I’ve read that the masso controller can speed up a program while it’s cutting. If so, how do I do this? Also is there a quick way within masso to detect where the next lower z layer of cutting begins? If so I could stop the program after it trims the top of the glued on piece, then skip to the line where the next layer starts being cut.

2nd, is there anyone who has a work around method for programming cutting irregular material using vcarve pro? I’ve contacted Vectric CS and they said it’s not possible to define an irregular material envelope, but I could program something using layers, vectors and multiple programs as a work around to minimize cutting air. I’ve emailed vectric a number of times but I find their explanations to be quite terse and confusing. Several emails later and I still have no clue what they’re telling me to do.