Introducing the new Onefinity ELITE Series, Powered by MASSO

Available now!!!

6 Likes

Looking forward to see what the upgrade path includes; controller, all 2 axis, etc. I’m happy with my Journeyman, but I love upgrades.

2 Likes

Also looking forward to the upgrade path. I was hoping for a rotary, and i figured a new controller was an inevitability. Of the current upgrades the z-20 is looking to be the best “bang for the buck” for 3d carves.

Im not sure i “need” closed loop steppers, but its only money after all.

Is the z-20 going to be the same for the elite and regular onefinities? I dont want to have to upgrade twice.

1 Like

Hey Echd… Yes the Z-20 is the same for Elite and regular. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Does that mean that the Z axis on the Elite will not be a closed loop stepper?

I think they are referring to the hardware assembly not the motor. The image of Elite Z shows a Masso closed loop stepper.

1 Like

Looks like a solid new product!

[Update to the below after clarification from OF: no real concern here, the new controller won’t take away from SW dev time]

I’m wondering though: With the change to a different controller, will firmware upgrades and usability improvements of the current controller take secondary importance? I suppose there is limited capacity for software development, now split between two different product lines? I always loved the OF for the usability and “just the right amount” of integration (no separate laptop required, intuitive touch user interface, etc.)

For instance, to me as layman it appears that these items should be possible on the current OF HW (not that I need them, just as example):

• Continuous and incremental jogging via touch screen
  • Feed Rate Override - Adjust feed rate during a carve
  • User friendly design

Is there a separate controller box not shown that contains some of the electronics/components (I am guessing you may be using a Masso relay module inside the Touch(?), but preferring to keep the PSUs for the motors, and one for the Touch/sensors, in a separate location(?)) ?

as a new owner of the onefinity top of the line (I thought) journeyman. of just two months. I am a bit weirded out that now there is a distinctly better unit out there lol. I too will be interested in the new controller especially with the feed on the fly feature. i have a big monitor already will this new controller be compatible with it like the old one was?

1 Like

It’s the same z slider, the only difference is the motor.

Having owned and used a Masso G3 controller for a while now, I think you will appreciate the fact that they are constantly improving their software. I imagine this will continue, and that it will come from Masso, unless 1F has highly modified the core software (which I doubt as it is excellent). You should also find the same. if not better usability features you list, when switching to the new Touch controller.

We will announce new product yearly, so, by that logic, the new masso will be “outdated” next year or the year after, etc.
The “monitor” of the elite series is the controller, so it’s the only screen that it can use. It’s different from the original controller.

1 Like

There is a separate box that has the power and replays, housed in a box that is similar to the shell of the normal controller box.

Thank you I thought so, just didn’t see it in the images - unless it is that little box shown under the table in post image.

Firmware for the masso controller is developed by masso themselves. The original controller we sell is maintained by our own software teams. They will not affect each other.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I did not realize that there is no need from the OF team to develop for the new controller, that is great news.
I updated my initial comment to reflect this clarification.

1 Like

My god I need that upgrade path like yesterday ughhhhhhh

2 Likes

I am so glad to discover that Onefinity teamed up with PWNCNC and as soon as I can upgrade to the MASSO controller I will install a spindle!

Much less noise in the house, and I can cut aluminum at lower speeds!

What an amazing upgrade!

3 Likes

One more question:

I understand the Elite has a new homing system.
Does this mean we will have a reliable repeatable precise machine home?

If so, will this feature be part of the upgrade program?

1 Like

Can you use the touch probe and wireless joystick on this one?