Introducing the new Onefinity ELITE Series, Powered by MASSO

Yes the will work with any woodworker or journeyman sized machine.

1 Like

GAAAA!!! I just spent a fortune building my own Acorn based controller! I would have killed for a ready built system to replace the BB controller!

(Great job Onefinity!!!)

4 Likes

But you have a great controller and you would have learned a great deal through the process. All that will better inform your CNC work as well as goals for future purchases/upgrades. You can’t (well having built my own I know you can :smiley: ) put a price on all that. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks!! And I have learned a LOT! My life is a constant learning curve!

2 Likes

my question is will vcarve pro 11.5 have the new elite series In their “machines” cause i know for sure everything will be different. processing wise. I am so damned excited. Also, will this controller allow us to design jobs on it or do we still use our pc and transfer it like now?

1 Like

Vcarve has had a MASSO post processor for a while now, so it’s already there. We’ll be working on getting listed under Onefinity before shipping. In V11.5, it’s already listed under Onefinity Machine configuration!

2 Likes

Just thinking out loud about what an upgrade path might look like. Since they use the same rails, maybe we could send in our machines and get one back with used rails, but upgraded motors and controller. Then they use my old rails for the next person, etc. Each stepper about $150 so figure $600, the controller is say $1,200; so $1,800 retail for upgraded parts. I assume Onefinity gets a much better deal. Onefinity needs something to cover their costs. $2,000 plus shipping would be great, $2,500 plus shipping would be good.

2 Likes

Well, hopefully not that much. Say you have an X50 journeyman as is- at the intro price the elite is not that much more. Tacking 2k on to it to upgrade it, you would be better off selling your x50 for 60-75% of retail and then buying a brand new unit. Avoiding shipping and sales tax when reselling is a powerful motivator to new users as well.

One should not expect the upgrade path to be cheaper than buying new, but your old machine is still the best prosumer wood cnc on the market. Maybe the langmuir might beat it, but its much more expensive. The user experience of a onefinity is so much better than a shapeoko or xcarve that it isn’t even funny. The upgrades will not be cheap, but don’t fall into a trap of false economy when you already have a valuable asset.

Yeah, I’m very happy with my machine and don’t NEED any upgrades. Just having some fun and thinking it has to at least cost as much as the new hardware.

1 Like

Total beginner to CNCs here. It there much of a difference to beginner friendlyness of the X50 vs Elite?

I don’t mind spending a little more money and time to learn the better and more future proof machine. However it’s no fun if I can’t figure it out at all. Lol

Thank you in advance for any insight.

@OnefinityCNC
Can you guys shed some light on why the breakaway from the original controller?
I bought a Journeyman last year, hoping these elites do not suck away energy from continued development and improvement of the original controller and software!
(Selfish I know :slight_smile: )

Masso has their own dev team. Absolutely none of our dev team that is on our controller will have resources on it, so no worries there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its giving me a stiffy

Carveco is a Windows product unfortunately (*) so that would be a no-no for me.
Will the Elite work with Fusion?

(*) = before someone points out that you can run Carveco in a Windows emulator on macOS… well, that’s still effectively Windows. Plus there’s no support for iOS.

I have my ATC build based on a Masso G3 and use F360 for CADX/CAM. They have a PP, and are very helpful. A while back I was trying to get a work around for the tool change limitations of the free F360, and the Masso team supplied a modified PP that I could use subroutines with.

3 Likes

Is the new elite wifi compatible?

Believe I have seen in the elite features that it does.

1 Like

to send files, yes. not to screen mirror like you are used to with our original controller.