Issue after firmware update from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7

New to CNC, but I was working great in 1.0.5. After upgrading to 1.0.7, I started experiencing an issue with a project that was cutting great under the previous 1.0.5 version. I’m using Fusion 360 and the simulate feature works as intended so I’m thinking it’s something environmental after the upgrade with the onefinity.

symptoms:
The step-downs no longer were in line with each other, the pocket contours no longer lined up in multiple depth operations, and it looked like the cut just kinda shifted over from one pass cut to the next. My original project took almost an hour and a half to complete under 1.0.5 but after moving to 1.0.7, it jumped down to under an hour. At first, I thought this was really cool, but then I started seeing these issues. The CNC moved a lot quicker and it seemed to jerk back and forth more “violently”.

I read somewhere about settings modifications for the X and Y motors going from 12.5 mm to 10 mm in 1.0.6, but I’m not sure if this is an issue in 1.0.7. I’m attaching a picture of the settings of my X motor, but the Y is the same. If anyone has any suggestions on these settings or if my issue is related to something else I would appreciate any suggestions. It’s frustrating sometimes to be doing really well and then you take 2 steps backward.

Thanks in advance for anyone reading this and offering a helpful hand,

1 Like