Updated 1/15/2021 : We’ve identified a bug that was introduced with 1.0.6 Beta. Apparently, when the jerk is raised beyond a certain number (in this case up to 15000) it affects the z probe height, it adds 1.5mm depth when probing for z in xyz probe button. Reducing it back down to 1000 (but staying on 1.0.6 beta) will correct the z height (or manually zero z). We’re working on a fix.
1.0.6 BETA is the third firmware update for the Onefinity CNC Controller.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a BETA firmware update. It is not finalized in either features or optimizations.
Please leave all feedback in the comments of this post. Let us know what you think of the speed and features.
Updating via USB
You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps:
Copy the blue .bz2 file onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘upload’. Select the 1.0.6 file. Depending on your shipping date, the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity
Once the firmware is installed, to get the max-velocity and max-jerk settings to apply, you’ll need to reset the configuration. If you’ve made any changes to stall homing, probe dimensions, or pwm/spindle, you’ll need to write those down to reinput later as resetting the configuration will change those values back to default. Go to the fly out menu, general, under configuration click ‘reset’. Choose your appropriate machine, and hit ok. Once reset, the values for both will change. Reinput any stall homing, probe or pwm/spindle settings that you had before resetting.
Here’s a walk through on how to reset with pictures How To Reset The Configuration To Defaults
FILE NO LONGER AVAILBABLE.
PLEASE SEE NEW FIRMWARE THREAD
1.0.6 BETA Change Log:
- Added popup during calculation to stop the user from sending inputs during calculation. Resolves missing info on control page when users hit play before letting calculation finish.
- Reduce Max-Velocity from 12.75 to 10. Some machines lost steps with rapids being so high (mimicking bad wires)
- Increased Jerk from 1000 to 15,000. This lowers the slow down in corners (s-curve). Will speed up cuts by up to 4x! 3D carves are most affected by this change. Make sure you bolt your tables down, it’s really gonna move!
- Optimized Stall Homing. Homing will now ‘rock’ back and forth to clear the stall state. This will be most notable when rehoming after a home command.
- Updated the wording on the firmware update page to be clearer. Replaced ‘upgrade’ with ‘Upgrade via Web’ and ‘upload’ with ‘Upgrade via File’
- Behind the scenes optimization and stability improvements.
Firmware upgrade wording change: