Firmware Update 1.0.6 (2/25/2021) (Outdated Firmware)

3/2/2021 *We found one bug that snuck by us in this release. We’ve taken it down and will be skipping this release. 1.0.7 beta is the current release.

1.0.6 is the third firmware update for the Onefinity CNC Controller.

STEP 1
If you were on the beta before this, try flashing back to 1.0.5, restarting, then flash to the 1.0.6.

Updating via USB
You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps:
Copy the blue .bz2 file below onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘UPLOAD’. Select the 1.0.6 file. Depending on your shipping date, the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity

Updating via the Internet:
If you already have 1.0.5 and are connected to the internet and have auto updates on, a pop up will inform you that there is an update and the machine will update automatically via the internet.
If you already have 1.0.5 and are connected to the internet and do NOT have auto updates enabled, go to Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, and under firmware click upgrade.

STEP 2 (don’t forget this step!)

Once the firmware is installed, to get the max-velocity settings to apply, you’ll need to reset the configuration. If you’ve made any changes to stall homing, probe dimensions, or pwm/spindle, you’ll need to write those down to reinput later as resetting the configuration will change those values back to default. Go to the fly out menu, general, under configuration click ‘reset’. Choose your appropriate machine, and hit ok. Once reset, the values for both will change. Reinput any stall homing, probe or pwm/spindle settings that you had before resetting.
Here’s a walk through on how to reset with pictures How To Reset The Configuration To Defaults

STEP 3:
If you haven’t yet, expand the storage (optional but recommended): How To Expand The Raspberry Pi File System (outdated and no longer needed as of firmware 1.0.8)

Download here:

PLEASE SEE NEW FIRMWARE THREAD

*If you’ve already been running 1.0.6 beta, you will still need to perform this update via USB (it will not come over the network). You will also need to do step 2 and reset the configuration after installing this update.

1.0.6 Change Log:

• Added popup during calculation to stop the user from sending inputs during calculation. Resolves missing info on control page when users hit play before letting calculation finish.
  • Reduce Max-Velocity from 12.75 to 10. Some machines lost steps with rapids being so high (mimicking bad wires) (will only apply once config reset is done)
  • Added new shutdown/restart button on flyout menu.
  • Optimized Stall Homing. Homing will now ‘rock’ back and forth to clear the stall state. This will be most notable when rehoming after a home command.
  • Updated the wording on the firmware update page to be clearer. Replaced ‘upgrade’ with ‘Upgrade via Web’ and ‘upload’ with ‘Upgrade via File’
  • New probe diameter in probe dimension field. This will allow you to set a default probe dimension and be remembered upon reboot.
  • Remember Inches/MM setting upon reboot (thanks Robin G)
  • PWM spindle on/off bug fixed. Will no longer turn off spindle between toolpaths when using a VFD.
  • Behind the scenes optimization and stability improvements.

This release does not include the increase jerk settings from 1000 to 15,000 like the beta release had. There is a bug that affects probe xyz height when changing to the high jerk settings. Our main focus is to have this bug fixed in 1.0.7. If you want to increase the jerk you may do so, but remember, your xyz probe will be off in z height around 1-1.5mm. A work around this is to probe xyz then probe z alone after.

Calculation Popup:

Firmware upgrade wording change:
firmware upgrade

Flyout Menu Shutdown/Restart button:

Shutdown/Restart Popup:
shutdown restart

Probe Dimentions (probe diameter):
probe dimentions

7 Likes

I think the release repo needs to be updated still in order for “Internet Update” to work - GitHub - OneFinityCNC/onefinity-release :wink:

@OnefinityCNC when you post firmware files for download, could you also provide a checksum so we can validate that the file is good before attempting to install it?

1 Like

So, a quick question. If any of you have updated and expanded memory ( I did ), everything seems to be fine except one, arguably minor thing. I use imperial on the control page, and also changed it on the settings page, but alas, the settings page boots showing imperial, but actually displays in metric.

The beta version would display imperial units on the settings page with just a short delay.

When trying to down load it asks for a password. What is the password?

See step 1 via USB. :slight_smile:

unable to upload file. Says invalid password or file. Tries with 2differnet usb sticks.
A thought is the password upper or lower case?

buildbotics or onefinity

I have the passwords, just keep getting the error message.

are you using the upload or upgrade button? Perhaps delete your file and redownload.

I’m currently on v1.0.5 and have had the auto update option checked since upgrading to 1.0.5, but haven’t gotten the pop-up to upgrade. When I click the “Check” button the check mark at the top flashes, but nothing happens. When I click the “Upgrade” button it asks if I want to “upgrade the firmware to version 1.0.5?”

The auto update will NOT work until @OnefinityCNC update the firmware repository on github, and edit the version file.

The auto update checks the version in that file. It’s currently still 1.0.5, nor has the 1.0.6 firmware been placed in the repository. Until they remedy this, auto update will not update to 1.0.6

2 Likes

hopefully the auto update will be up tonight.

1 Like

What should the max-accel and max-jerk settings be after upgrading to 1.0.6? I upgraded from 1.0.5, reset the configuration, but these settings are the same as before. A couple others settings did change (max-velocity, stall-microstep, maybe some others).

1000 will be the max jerk for the 106 firmware

Were these the same settings in 1.0.5? Per the instructions above after updating firmware and resetting the configuration those values will change, but they are still the same for me.

Oversite in the instructions that are now corrected.

So I updated both of my machines to 1.0.6 and did the reset and now neither of them work. They home and just sit there, the touch screen buttons do nothing and I can no longer log into them via the internet. Any help would be great, of course I decided to do both of these before a huge job I have to do today.
Thanks

I installed the 1.0.6 Beta version a couple of weeks ago, is this new version any different and do I need to install it?