Issue after firmware update from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7

New to CNC, but I was working great in 1.0.5. After upgrading to 1.0.7, I started experiencing an issue with a project that was cutting great under the previous 1.0.5 version. I’m using Fusion 360 and the simulate feature works as intended so I’m thinking it’s something environmental after the upgrade with the onefinity.

symptoms:
The step-downs no longer were in line with each other, the pocket contours no longer lined up in multiple depth operations, and it looked like the cut just kinda shifted over from one pass cut to the next. My original project took almost an hour and a half to complete under 1.0.5 but after moving to 1.0.7, it jumped down to under an hour. At first, I thought this was really cool, but then I started seeing these issues. The CNC moved a lot quicker and it seemed to jerk back and forth more “violently”.

I read somewhere about settings modifications for the X and Y motors going from 12.5 mm to 10 mm in 1.0.6, but I’m not sure if this is an issue in 1.0.7. I’m attaching a picture of the settings of my X motor, but the Y is the same. If anyone has any suggestions on these settings or if my issue is related to something else I would appreciate any suggestions. It’s frustrating sometimes to be doing really well and then you take 2 steps backward.

Thanks in advance for anyone reading this and offering a helpful hand,

1 Like

What post processor are you using with fusion?

Thanks for your response… Is this what you are looking for?

Can you try flashing back to 1.0.5 to see if the issue goes away?
onefinity-1.0.5.tar.bz2 (1.7 MB)

What are the steps/instructions for rewinding the firmware?

Ran a program yesterday, upgraded to 1.0.7, ran it today, and now have noise similar to this poster.

I ran a second program and had the machine lose ~8mm of Z-height leading to cutting between two contours and it plunging rapidly through both the part and the board underneath.

I’m using Fusion and the post processor version 31731a89b929cfd1a62f827c2b8ebf233f944dc9

Just download from the link above and install like a normal update

I don’t have any idea what is going on. I went back to 1.0.5 and I’m still having the same issue. I went back to 1.0.7 again. I tightened every screw, bolt, and nut… I created a brand new drawing in Fusion and it still is not doing the 2D adaptive correctly. If I had any hair left I’d be pulling it out.

Thanks! I ended up updating the post processor and will be seeing if circular movements fixes the issue before downgrading.

Try outputting the gcode in metric rather than imperial - but the updated PP should fix the problem too.

-Tom

All my programs are metric. I think the updated post mostly reshuffled some options and parameters, the code doesn’t seem much changed.

I also experience similar behavier (grounding) since the ‘circular interpolation’ was turned off (new default value in fusion 360 post processor). When I enable it (recommandation of Pascal Blanchette), there is no more grounding nose. Did not make a lot of test but this seem to be ok for my current project.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate? I’m not sure if this is my issue but at this point, before I reach out to OneFinity support, I’ll try anything.

While creating your gcode just enable that.

Thanks. I’ll try that. the only reason why I say it may not be my issue is because I sent my NC code file to a friend who has a 1F and uses Fusion 360 and it runs great on his. I’ll test this out today on mine and report back.

Thanks.