Journeyman x50 3d progress view

Sorry if this question has already been asked! However, after searching and searching online and on this forum I cannot seem to find the answer to if the Journeyman x50 does or can show the 3d progress view on the display touch pad screen or not??? Is this possible, do you have to connect to Internet, have some sort of upgrade like Raspberry pie so on…
In case I may be confusing the question. Im referring to the 10inch touch screen while the machine is in use or if just uploaded the file you are about to carve. I have seen where it will show you a somewhat of 3d view on where the bit is on the carve and the progress of the carve. Hope you all can help out with this! Thanks

Just as an FYI… I am aware the newer version of the Onefinity does have all these newer features however it wa thought that this was something the Journeyman can show as well.

“LOOKS SIMILAR TO THIS SCREEN SHOT HERE” although I do realize this image is most likely from the newer model from onefinity.

1 Like

The preview will only show up on networked computers, not on the local hdmi screen.

1 Like

Ok I seemed to have go it to come up now, but doesnt come up on monitor like I thought it would… So I guess o’well. Is pretty slow loading up and doesn’t auto update the file that either screen is on unless you refresh the screen I guess. but I suppose it works for now. Thanks

Hey Sean,

the 3D toolpath simulation is something that is installed and available on the (Raspberry Pi 3B-based) Onefinity Controller, however it has not the 3D graphics acceleration drivers installed usually installed on desktop or laptop computers, to show the 3D toolpath simulation. The Raspberry Pi 3B is a small single-board computer with limited RAM, CPU and graphics power.

However the Onefinity Controller User Interface is a in fact a web application, which means, you use a web browser to view and use it.

So if you connect an ethernet cable to the Onefinity Controller or establish a WiFi connection, it acts as a web server, and by opening a web browser on any computer you connect to it, you can view and use the Onefinity Controller User Interface and control your CNC machine. The difference is, unlike the Raspberry Pi inside, your remotely attached computer is likely to have 3D graphics support and will show the 3D toolpath simulation.

2 Likes