Joypad Override during active cut is SCARY! (solved in 1.4.9)

I am setting up my new Gen 2 foreman. Consequently my install is still rudimentary and things have not found their proper place yet. Just a few minutes ago during my first test cut I had the joypad resting on a table next to the CNC. I accidentally jostled the Joypad and evidently pinned the Z axis toggle against something, which immediately sent the spindle straight into the spoil board and the nut had burned a 1/16 deep hole into the workpiece by the time I turned around. Its a stroke of luck the bit did not collide with one of the aluminum QCW rails.

It was pretty alarming in the moment as it was not clear what happened and I think this rises to the level of deserving community warning.

I strikes me as a good idea to lock out joypad control while the machine is actively running a g-code file.

In the meantime, there does not seem to be any method in the Joypad instructions to turn the device off (I purchased the Joypad from Onefinity). Is the only method to unplug the USB dongle? It seems a bit silly to have to plug this dongle in multiple times every session (and then potentially having to plug it in a a couple times more to find the right frequency).

Is there a solution here that I am missing?

Thank You!!

Which Firmware version are you running?

From what I have seen on the forum, software updates are continuously being released to address issues found by users, and it may be what you experienced has already been fixed.

Try downloading and installing the latest release and see if that has fixed the problem for you.

Relatime / Redline controller firmware 1.4.9 was just released and fixed that joypad during carve :slight_smile: Issue resolved!

I was running 1.4.6 this afternoon. Way to be on it team 1F! Thanks for the fix.

It was a known issue from 1.3 that I reported also when you error out during a cut it would be able to be moved using the game pad and hitch I think they fixed

Happy to help! It will keep getting better over time too!