Laser Jitter Question?

I have the 24W JTech laser on my machine. Fairly new to lasers. Everything works perfectly when I am carving fine detail in wood, but when I try to burn outlines with the laser the lines are never smooth. They appear to have a jitter. I have tried with both air on and air off. I have tried everything I have been able to find on the internet about focusing the laser. I am still getting poor results. Mostly I am running less than 100IPM. When I cut the cuts appear to be smooth and straight as designed. I have tried tightening the mounting locations and it has the same results. I am using LightBurn and the machine is an Elite Foreman. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Some tips:
Move the laser as high as you can on the z 20, this will lesson the ‘fulcrom’ affect and make it more stable.
Go slower to lesson the jitter.
You can try changing resolution of the motors while lasering (something around 2000 is a good spot): Setting Up Motor Resolution

https://docs.masso.com.au/wiring-and-setup/setup-and-calibration/axis-servo-stepper-examples/masso-stepper

1 Like

Is the laser firmly mounted on the OneFinity? If you push the sides, does it tilt some? I found that with mine and had to make the heads of the mounting bolts a bit smaller so that they would fit properly in the keyhole.