My table with vertical holding

you know i never realized that i have not posted pictures of the completed table thanks for the reminder. I will be posting those pics and some projects today as well.

3 Likes

first sale ever 50 of these

ok this is a shot of my nested jig for the hold down I made for myself there are four hold downs for the “nest” and two to hold down the hold down being machined

here you can see the underside of the hold down after it has been machined you will notice the three facets of sorts so you can angle them to your work. after this your simply flip the hold down over and mill the two slots and you have a completed hold down

this one is kind of fun because I have my own code / shorthand for the bits. I wondered if anyone can read what i am saying here lol probably not since i am kind of weird. each “BIT BLOCK” have however many bit i keep of that kind, for example i keep five of these so when i get down to two left through wear or breakage i order the five pack again. and the vcarved label lets me know right away what I am seeing. each groove has two magnets underneath each one so the bits do not fall or clink together and since they are separate blocks, I can rearrange them in the drawer which make it handy to the task at hand and very rearrangeable

these little Christmas tree candy dishes made great girts throw in some mini-M&Ms and viola

I mde this for a person that just had a baby she loved it.

more hold downs and some in use. It seems I have only made small projects, so I have plently of room for multiples

this is my newest baby this band saw has been great It seems I had to buy it because i could not get 3/8 oak that i needed for those darned coasters and my old bandsaw that you can see in the background simply did not have the power to cut 6inch wide lumber into re-sawn lumber i just had to spend a few dollars so now i can lol

ok that is my new year’s marathon of posting and the final pics of my vertical holding table with no vertical holding actually going on.

3 Likes

Hey Robert,

lol :slight_smile:

That’s what I like the most on your table – your vise! Its concept, and the implementation.

thank you now that the holidays are over i will be actually using the vicec tosee if it works as i wanted it to

1 Like

I’m thinking of taking the plunge by adding vertical hold to my table and yours gives me lots to consider.
Not intending to hijack the tread but I too picked up the Rikon 14" and love it save two exceptions.
My shop floor is hardwood and the Rikon wheels cut grooves in it when moving around so I opted for a Shop Fox portable set instead…big improvement and was cheaper than the Rikon wheel kit.
Secondly was dust collection, so I added dust extraction using 3/4" PVC pipe under the table insert. Seems to work pretty good so far.

1 Like

i did not use the rikon set either i used simple silicon double brake wheels stem casters i added hexagonal connecters and hex bolt from the top of the apron and now is glideds when i want it to and stays put when i dont
and yes it was much cheaper.

Is there anything in anyone’s recollection where using a 1F with vertical clamping provides less functionality than a Pantorouter or Multi router? About the only limitation I can come up with is the possibility of limited material length due to table height on the 1F. I’m intrigued by the convenience of those two machines but it would seem the 1F should be more flexible all be it requiring more up front design with software. Putting a tracer template in is pretty simple but so can CNC software once it is mastered.

I also dread having another machine taking up shop space if the same results can be obtained with an existing tool. Much less the added requirement to store specialized templates for dedicated machines.

Pretty hard to beat the Pantorouter for M&T and box joints, very fast and accurate

1 Like

yes, but the price and footprint yikes! I do not have room for even one more piece of equipment in my shop that is why even though I will upgrade to the elite series i will stay with my journeyman sized machine.

2 Likes