No-Name YL620-A VFD

Hey guys and gals, first post. Waiting on my end of July delivery I wanted to start with a spindle instead of the end router. I ordered a water cooled110v 800w 65mm kit form china. It comes with the YUYONG INDUSTRY YL-620A. I don’t see a lot of videos on this VFD. I’m wondering did i mess up and possibly get one that was not supported? I can’t find the list of supported VFD’s like the drop down menu in the program. Can some please check their software and see if this brand is on the list? Or does anyone know where it is in print? Thanks Rick

Looks like HuanYang clone to me. It should be functional as long as the parameters are set correctly

1 Like

Rick - welcome to the forums! As long as the spindle is 65mm it should work. If you got an 80mm spindle then you will need to wait until OF releases a new z-axis with the larger mount. I know some people are beta testing the new mount so I suspect the release is imminent.

-Tom

1 Like

Thanks. It is a 65 800w 110v. I was just wondering about programming. And if listed in the list of VFDs.

paulc
Ben Meyers has a great video about how to wire up and set the parameters. I used it when setting up mine and it worked great.
Paul

1 Like

Im using YL620. yes it is on OF controller GUI menu along with what you need to set up in the VFD. mine is not yet running the spindle via Gcode I cant seem to figure out the RS485, there are 3 wires I connected A and B to 13 &14 of breakout board, Im thinking do I need to connect the Com? to where? Any input will be highly appreciated. Im running on manual mode using the front dial panel, yes it shows only freq and not rpm on the lcd display :frowning:

I dont have a 220v vft but here is what your manual should show.

Unlock VFD Config

PD000 SET 0 SET UNLOCK VFD CONFIG

Initial Configuration provided HY for 220V 1.5kw water spindle (Check your own manual)

PD006 SET 3 SET DEFINE INTERMEDIATE FREQUECY SETTING @60Hz TO: 3.0 / @50Hz TO 2.5 (default was 2.5)

PD005 SET 400 SET DEFINE MAX FREQUENCY SETTING TO: 400.00 Hz (default was 50.00)

PD004 SET 400 SET DEFINE BASE FREQUENCY SETTING TO: 400.00 Hz (default was 50.00)

PD003 SET 400 SET DEFINE MAIN FREQUENCY SETTING TO: 400.00 Hz (default was 50.00)

PD002 SET 1 SET DEFINE SOURCE OF OPERATING FREQUENCY SETTING TO: SET BY EXTERNAL TERMINALS. (default was 0)

PD014 SET 1.5 DEFINE ACCELATI0N TIME TO 1.5 SECOND (default was 10)

PD070 SET 1 SET DEFINE ANALOG INPUT SETTING TO: 0~5V (default was 0)

PD072 SET 400 SET DEFINE HIGHER ANALOG FREQUENCY SETTING TO: 400 (default was 50.00)

PD141 SET 220 SET DEFINE RATED VOLTAGE SETTING TO: 220V (default was 220)

PD142 SET 8 SET DEFINE RATED MOTOR CURRENT SETTING TO: 8 (default was 5)

PD143 SET 2 SET DEFINE MOTOR POLE NUMBER SETTING TO: 2 (default was 4)

PD144 SET 3600 SET DEFINE RATED MOTOR REVOLUTION SETTING @60Hz TO: 3600 (default was 1440) or 3000 for 50Hz

PD008 SET 220 SET DEFINE MAX VOLTAGE SETTING TO: 220V (default was 220)

Configuration for automatic control with 1F communication

PD001 SET 2 SET DEFINE SOURCE OF OPERATING COMMANDS SETTING TO: SET BY COMMUNICATIONS PORTS AS COMMAND SOURCE (default was 0)

PD002 SET 2 SET DEFINE SOURCE OF OPERATING FREQUENCY SETTING TO: SET BY COMMUNICATION PORTS. (default was 0)

PD163 SET 1 SET DEFINE COMMUNICATION ADRESSES SETTTING TO: 1 - MUST MATCH ONEFINITY BUS-ID (default was 0)

PD164 SET 1 SET DEFINE COMMUNICATION BAUD RATE SETTING TO: 9600 – MUST MATCH ONEIFINITY BAUD (default was 1)

PD165 SET 3 SET DEFINE COMMUNICATION DATA METHOD SETTING TO: 8N1 for RTU – MUST MATCH ONEFINITY PARITY

Configuration to trigger SSR (i.e start pump and vacuum)

PD052 SET 2 SET DEFINE Multi-Output 3(FA, FB, FC function)

PD053 SET 1 SET DEFINE Multi-Output 4 (KA, KB function)

Lock VFD Config

PD000 SET 1 SET LOCK VFD CONFIG

looks like thats for a HY VFD, Im using a YL 620A VFD although I actually ordered an HY. I will search the equivalent parameters and set it up. Thank you!

For what I saw that’s same settings

I have the same vfd and it does not have the same settings as most posted be careful there is no “pd” settings I am not finding anything other than the manual that helps with settings.I you found some thing I would appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

This is an example of the manual

How did you make out with programming .

Hi Dave… which programming ? if it is the VFD config you mean? I have tried but havent gotten it to run the spindle on RS485 via Gcode. I have heard nobody as of yet that is able to run it except manual mode via LED panel :frowning: I will just buy a HY or if budget would allow I will buy a sensor-less Vector Control VFD

Just to reply, I never recieved any communication from the seller from Aliexpress. Submitted a claim and was refunded. I bought an HY with 1.5kw spindle from Amazon.

Thank you for letting me know. That Aliexpress. is not an easy company to deal with. I may have to give up aswell

were you able to use the rs485 in your YL620A? do u still need some help with this? like running on gcode your spindle?

Ricky
Thank you for asking .
I gave up and purchased a HY
I boxed up the unit and put it on the shelf.
The hy unit worked well and took about 1 hr of my time verses days of frustration and unanswered emails.

Hi Dave, I too gave up months ago, but just recently had a breakthrough and was able to run the Spindle via Gcode on YL620A.

1 Like

Was the problem programming or did you have to make physical changes to the unit.