Onefinity Stockists in the UK or Europe

Hi All,
This is my first post on the forum.
I have been looking at CNC’s for sometime. I recently purchased a 3018 Pro and have had great results with it. I now want to up my game considerably! I have researched: X-Carve, Stepcraft, Yeti Smart Bench, Shaper Origin, Ooznest Workbee, Shapeoko… Honestly the list is endless. However, THIS Onefinity seems like it is the machine for me. It seems so well thought out, the build quality seems excellent. The price seems reasonable too.

Are there any stockists in the UK or Europe? Is there anyone from the UK on this forum who i could chat with about this machine?

Cheers,
Anthony

1 Like

Every Onefinity is sold and shipped from Canada.

1 Like

What is the warranty for items purchased outside of your continent?

The same as purchased anywhere.

1 Like

It’s scary to import such an expensive machine from Canada. I hesitated a long time.

The only downsides that I have found so far are (1) shipping and import fees (CETA helps, I guess) and (2) unlike local manufacturers, 1F does not have a Euro-neck (43mm) mount. The Makita router works well but there are good milling motors options in Europe that do not work with the 1F mount. Ooznest, Stepcraft or Mekanika would be more flexible on that aspect.
But when you consider the many benefits of the machine… I’m quite pleased with my purchase.

I think @Oakworx is in the UK and may be able to provide more specifics.

2 Likes

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your reply. I have looked at Stepcraft and ooznest. I really like the look of the Stepcraft, it seems very well made but is very expensive compared to the 1F. As for the Ooznest… it is not the one for me, doesn’t look good enough build quality IMO.
The Euroneck mount - is this not something that can be found in the accessories or after market. I would ideally buy a spindle from here in the UK or put my dewalt router in.
Thanks again,
Anthony

Hi - I am based in the UK. When I have looked at products from North America vs the same product but shipped via UK distributor, there is very little in the price. 1F also have excellent customer service wherever in the world you are, so that I wouldn’t worry about that aspect.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I’ve not found any CNC that is comparable the the 1F from anywhere in Europe. I will likely have to suckup the Import tax!

You have to consider the clearance from the stepper motor as well as the mount diameter. The 1F mount is really designed around the Makita router. Some 65mm spindle fit, I cannot comment from first hand experience but search the forum and you will see reports of how tight the fit is.

Anyway, your question was on how the 1F compares to European manufacturers. My answer is overall very well but the mount is more limited than what you find on the local market (despite the new 80mm mount).

1 Like

I, and others, have fitted an 80mm spindle. Tight but really not a problem. Almost good in a way, I guess, if it were further from the motor then the strain of +7kg would be greater.

2 Likes

@GreyAnt , Hi as Ben mentioned i live in the Uk an went through the same thought process as yourself, im actually only 20 minutes from Ooznest, however, although they have 5 star customer service, im afraid there response to my questions, there lack of phone support an refusal to let me visit to see a machine that i was looking to spend over £1500 on, made it an easy decision for me to go for the onefinity, i actually phoned onefinity from the uk an got through to them in canada (although it was late at night), where as i couldnt contact a company that was 20mintes don the road in my own country.
So far as support, innovation, value for money and quality are concerned, i assure you, will not regret going with the onefinity, the only thing i would say is with delivery times being so long, if you can afford to do so, plan ahead an get everything you need in one (i would highly recommend the game controller, the 10 inch screen, cable extensions and if you ever plan to go down the spindle route the 80mm mount), that said i have a 65mm water cooled spindle which has been fine, however is limited to 1/4 inch bits, i would also recommend getting 4 core shielded cable if you go the 3 phase spindle route

2 Likes

@Oakworx Thank you for your thoughtfully worded response. Its good to hear that you ruled out Ooznest from your options for other reasons than i had considered.
The 1F does look like a huge step up in class in comparison to some of the others i mentioned (Excluding the Stepcraft). What spindle do you have? I was hoping to initally use my 1/4" Dewalt to start with and then see about getting a dedicated spindle. Not sure i’ll ever need one to take 1/2" bits.
I am considering getting the QCW and making a mobile tilting cart for it to go on in my narrow workshop… I need to finish doing my research and button down all the bits i really need against nice to have.
Cheers,
Anthony

@GreyAnt, Hi, i have a 1.5kw water cooled Huang yang that came as a matched kit, (although i still had to purchase 4 core shielded cable, a water pump an pipework) for me the primary requirement was noise reduction, an i have to say there is no comparison, not to mention being water cooled means no cooling fan blowing the dust everywhere, however if you are happy with the noise and dont intend to run it for hours on end, then the dewalt router will be fine (to be honest even if you are looking to go down the spindle route, i would get yourself setup with a normal router first an then go the spindle route only when you truly feel you need to

1 Like

I intend to build a case for it and will “sound” proof it as best as i can. I think spindles and water cooling will be a way off yet!.
Cheers,
Anthony

In the event a part or entire unit failed, would you require it sent back to Canada for inspection and who would cover this cost.
Your shipping to Ireland at the moment is $650USD

That’s an understatement of epic proportions, to be sure! I’ve been a machinist for many years with experience on both Bridgeport vertical mills and industrial CNCs and I regard the Onefinity, with a spindle upgrade, to rival the capabilities of both in rigidity and function. Stepping up from a Genmitsu to a Onefinity is like stepping up from whittling to full-on production-scale manufacturing.

This machine mills A2 tool steel. Granted, I’ve probably voided my warranty by admitting that it does but it does. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi,

Just as an aside to your posts here, I too am in the UK and have ordered a 1F Journeyman Elite. Just to prepare myself how much import tax did you have to pay? Do you pay 20% VAT and 10% customs charges or was it less? I need to know so I can save the money in the 14-18 weeks estimated shipping time. I’d be really grateful to know even if it was an estimate. I’m not so interested in exactly what you paid, rather the percentage charged and what it was for.

Thanks

Hi Anthony,

where abouts in the UK are you

I’m near Manchester

Dave

Hi @Chucky82
When I purchase my woodwork 1F with a few extras dustboot probe etc duty and VAT totalled just over £230 ish
Hope that helps

Hi there,

So you’re based next Manchester and have a 1F currently ?
I’m in Staffordshire and looking to get a journeyman. How long have you had your 1F and any tips on issue in getting it over to the Uk and using it in the Uk ?
Thanks

1 Like