OOPS BB problem?

Hey Tony,

you simply need to log in and become root and delete the contents of the /var/lib/bbctrl/plans and /var/lib/bbctrl/upload directories. No need to reflash the entire Operating System Installation (except if the SD card is failing, but in this case re-flashing it would make no sense either).

If you are on a display directly connected to the Onefinity Controller, you can open a terminal by typing this on a USB keyboard you attached to the Onefinity Controller:

<Ctrl>-T <Ctrl>-C

If you are on a remote machine, you can get a terminal by logging in via ssh as bbmc@onefinity.local

• on a unixoid shell with the command:

ssh bbmc@onefinity.local

and password: onefinity

• or under windoze by using PuTTY with the credentials:

remote host: onefinity.local (or its ip address)
user: bbmc
password: onefinity

When you are in the terminal, you type:

sudo -i

(password for sudo -i: onefinity. Ignore the warning about the password for ‘pi’ was not changed yet. You are root@onefinity now.) Then continue with entering:

rm -I /var/lib/bbctrl/plans/*
rm -I /var/lib/bbctrl/upload/*
exit
exit

The “-I” option (for “interactive”) on the remove command (rm) is to make ‘rm’ ask if you are sure before deleting. Without this option, ‘rm’ behaves like all UNIX commands: If nothing goes wrong, it makes no output. You can also use “-i” instead of “-I” but then ‘rm’ will ask if you are sure for every single file which may take longer then.

If you are interested to see what files are in the directories before deleting them, you can do:

cd /var/lib/bbctrl/plans
ls -l | less
cd ../upload
ls -l | less

Inside ‘less’, use space bar or PageDown key to scroll forward by one page, and use “q” to quit ‘less’.

If you want to know what the command ‘ls’ is for, type:

man ls

‘man’ means “Display the Manual Page”. This works with all commands. e.g.

man sudo

means “Display the Manual Page of the command ‘sudo’.”

See also:

1 Like