Probe doesn't locate X or Y axis - Just stabs into project after locating Z

HELP!

I have a problem with my Onefinity Journeyman Pro and I hope someone here can stop my frustration.

I received it a few weeks ago and have completed 6 small projects on it successfully. Today I tried to set the XYZ using the Probe and this is what happened. Ignore the rattle sound at the end of the video, my overhead heater fan kicked in.

I homed all three axis and taped down a piece of 3/4" MDF.

Then used the probe on the lower left corner of the work piece, just as I have used it many times before, and this is what happened.

The Z locates fine and when the bit moves right to locate the X and Y, it goes about an inch past the probe block and stabs into the project about 1/4" and stops.

I have attached a couple of pics of the probe settings. That is a lie, as I couldnā€™t figure out how to attach the pics or the video.

Hey Reagan,

you can use the seventh icon (counted from left) which says ā€œUploadā€ in the message compositor window. However if you just registered to the forum, when you have Trust Level ā€œNewā€ (0) then at the moment you cannot

• Send personal messages to other users
  • ā€œReply as new topicā€ via Link button (UI removed)
  • Flag posts
  • Post more than 1 image
  • Post any attachments
  • Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
  • Have actual links in the ā€˜about meā€™ field of your profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
  • Mention more than 2 users in a post
  • Post more than 3 topics
  • Post more than 10 replies
  • Edit your own posts after more than 24 hours

But you can reach Trust Level ā€œBasicā€ very easily by:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

If you reached ā€œBasicā€ " this way, you can:

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
  • Send private messages
  • Upload images and attachments
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users

The files you can upload must be one of 7z, ai, bz2, c2d, con, cps, crv, crv3d, dfx, dwg, dxf, eps, f3d, gcode, gif, heic, heif, img, jpeg, jpg, json, lbdev, nc, ngc, mp4 (video), pdf, png, pp, skp, step, stl, stp, svg, or zip file type.

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Iā€™m having the exact same problem. I just got the Journeyman set up a week ago and every time I use the xyz probe it tests for z fine shifts over to do x and rams the bit into the material.

It seems like it is adding 9 mm to the probe height but I donā€™t know how to fix it.