Xyz probe issue after upgrading to v1.3.0

After upgrading to v1.3.0 I have been unable to use my probe. It will get to the bit size verification but will not advance to the next step. Is anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Ive only tried z probe thus far and that was ok.

With the latest 1.3.0 alpha I had probing issues using a half-inch bit. For the XYZ it probed X & Y, but crashed into the waste board with Z. I posted this, but I can no longer find it - must be deleted.

I didn’t have time to try the 1/4 inch, so I just reloaded v1.3.0-alpha1 which is working fine still. I’m reluctant to installing the released v1.3.0 because of this… Maybe later this week I’ll try it again.

This line of thought is confusing to us. Alpha = known bugs. Final = no known bugs.
One should always install the final version of software if you are on alpha/beta software.

2 Likes

The only reason I added my comment to this thread is that I think you introduced a bug with probing into one of the later alpha releases. I had to upgrade to v1.3.0 alpha1 as I needed support for the beefy Z and PWN spindle.

Alpha1 worked ok for me, think I skipped an alpha2, and then I thought it was the alpha3 (last alpha I thought) I upgraded to and saw the above mentioned issue and I did what I described.

Since my post at that time was not responded to, and later deleted. I assumed that the problem was with me. However, since the official v1.3.0 has been released I’ve seen two other posts from users having probing problems - albeit not exactly the same issue as mine.

Since no other fixes about probing were mentioned in the official v1.3.0 release… I have to believe that IF a bug was introduced during the alpha’s, it still exists. Thus my reluctance to upgrade to the official.

My goal is to fix the issue. I own one of your machines and buy all of your upgrades… even though I don’t need all them. So I will try to help later this week to at least confirm whether the problem I saw earlier still exists… Forums are not always easy to communicate on.

I am having the same issue. The machine does not move after the probe sequence is started.
Then i get the “done!” message.
Any fixes yet?

If you are on 1.3 final and have probing issues. Please tag @DEV_D and they will contact you to assist.

1 Like

Hi @Pj77 ,

Can you please help us with the video which shows the issue of what you are facing along with version number and logs of the issue.

Kindly send the details to developer@onefinitycnc.com

Thanks!!

I loaded the official v1.3.0 and had a different probing issue.

I used my half-inch bit again to do an XYZ probe.

• The first time I did it, all three worked fine.

• I tried it a second time. The Z probe went fine, then it went to the X probe, touched the block the first time, and just stopped working. The screen did not change.

• The cancel button stopped that probe, so I immediately tried it again without rebooting the third time, and it worked fine.

I sent the details along with the log to @DEV_D

Thanks for your help.

Strange, my probe has worked everytime, without error since I went to 1.3. The only problem I had was after probing I had my probe touch each other on the side and my cnc lost home.

| Craig
September 16 |

• | - |

I loaded the official v1.3.0 and had a different probing issue.

I used my half-inch bit again to do an XYZ probe.

• The first time I did it, all three worked fine.

• I tried it a second time. The Z probe went fine, then it went to the X probe, touched the block the first time, and just stopped working. The screen did not change.

• The cancel button stopped that probe, so I immediately tried it again without rebooting the third time, and it worked fine.

I sent the details along with the log to @DEV_D

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, strange is right. I did some more testing:

Rebooted and then xyz’d the 1/2 inch 6 times - first time, the z axis touched the probed and then it stopped. The screen remained the same (probing in progress) and I cancelled. I tried it 5 more times and each worked normally.

• I switched to a quarter inch without rebooting, all 6 times worked normally.

• I rebooted and tried the quarter inch 6 times and all were normal.

I’m going to leave v.1.3.0 loaded this time. The problems are definitely intermittent now. With the last alpha, it happened every time.

Still weird though.

Very strange, still I have never used a 1/2 inch bit either. Computers? Go figure!

Since installing 1.3 my probe intermittently does not finish, the screen shows it is still probing but the physical probing movements have completed. Sometimes i can cancel and try again. Sometimes it gives an error that it will not allow jogging while probing so I am forced to hit the e-stop to reset as i can’t get the bit back to the probe start. This has happened with various bit sizes.
I messaged dev with logs and this video where it works on the second try after canceling.

Hi @JohnJohnJohn ,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and we appreciate your understanding. Our team is actively working on resolving the issue you’ve encountered. Please allow us some time to thoroughly investigate and address the issue. We are committed to providing you with a prompt and effective response. Your patience is highly valued, and we sincerely appreciate your continued support.

Thanks,
Development team

@DEV_D
Hi Dev Team,

Along with the issue reported above, if the probe is successful, the software sets an incorrect X 0 and Y 0 after the probe, causing an error flag.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Matt

Matt, your last post is not a firmware issue, but rather user error as your tool path will cut outside the cutting are 1+ mm in x

1 Like

I have no file load and no tool path?

Why does the X axis say -1.396mm. What I am I doing wrong if it is user error?

Hi Support,

I have had my machine for two years and used the XYZ probe many times. The issue I am seeing has only started after I upgraded the firmware.

I have followed to the letter the steps provided in the link above, and the machine is still setting the incorrect zero for X (-1.36mm), as shown in the picture above. The incorrect offset varies each time I try to probe, -1.36mm to -1.74mm.

I can manually set the correct zero for X the probe is not working correctly.

Thoughts please.

Thanks,

Matt