Xyz probe problem

Using the XYZ probe, all works up until the prop states “probe” after hitting continue the spindle starts moving down the X axis for about a foot then stops. The unit never touches the pad. Tried to run a number of times and same results. Any ideas of what may be causing this?

Hey Michael,

are you using the Onefinity Controller of Standard Series or the Masso G3 Touch of Elite Series?

Welcome to the forum!

Standard series, purchased the machine in 2020 and just now being able to run it.

Hey Michael

sounds familiar to me :slight_smile:

I assume you moved the spindle/bit near to the circle on the probe before probing with the jog pane on display, or the gamepad?

Do you say X moves into wrong direction?

PS: Got to leave in a moment, as it’s 2:54 am in central europe :slight_smile:

Before probing, you need to move the mill down to within about a half-inch of the block (relatively centered over the circle on the corner of the block). Then when you tell it to probe it will come down the remaining distance and touch off the block. It sounds like you’re starting too high and so the probing routine doesn’t find the block within the distance it expects so it gives up.

I believe I have the problem solved. I downloaded the latest software, I think? Thinking it over during the night I believe this is the issue. Valling Onefinity support to make sure I have the correct software installed. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help so far, might need more.

Don’t call support as support is only done via email at support@onefinitycnc.com

1.2.1 is the latest firmware. You can always find the latest firmware in the “firmware” section of this forum.