Probing Issue After Upgrading

Hi all,

I have an X-50 Woodworker mounted vertically, and use the Onefinity touchprobe. I did not experience any issues until I upgraded/updated recently.

I installed the Z-20 slider and updated the firmware to 1.3.0 Alpha 1. Then Alpha 2, and finally Alpha 4 (all this week trying to see if any of them would solve the issue). I’ve already researched previous threads and tried restarting, resetting, reinstalling the firmware, cleaning the magnet, attaching the magnet to bit instead of the nut, fast seek is set to 75, and swapping motor cables.

The bit sometimes fails to tap Z axis and E-stops (even though the bit started .25” above the probe), will slam into the X axis of the probe violently either on the first or second touch, and sometimes fails to touch on the Y axis.

I doubt anyone has the same setup as me, but I’m throwing this out here because I can’t think of anything else to try. Thanks!

Ps. I would upload a video but it says I’m not allowed as a new user.

1 Like

I was able to solve the issue thanks to team Onefinity! The Z-20 slider is heavier than the Z-16, so if you have a wall mount then you need to change the X-axis idle current to 2amps (under power section).

I really appreciate the quick and thorough customer service I received, and just wanted to post this update in case anyone else with a wall mount gets the Z-20.

2 Likes